Pulled Pork Rub Recipe

doebadie

Novice Foodie
pork-rub-1200-square-2432-500x500.jpg

I recently tried this amazing pulled pork rub recipe, and I have to say, it completely transformed my BBQ game. The blend of spices creates a perfect balance of sweet, smoky, and savory flavors. Here's how you can make it at home:

Ingredients:​

• 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup paprika
  • 2 tablespoons black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon mustard powder

Instructions:​

1. Mix the Ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and mustard powder. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
  2. Prepare the Pork: Take your pork shoulder or pork butt and pat it dry with paper towels. This helps the rub adhere better.
  3. Apply the Rub: Generously apply the spice rub to the pork, making sure to cover all sides. Use your hands to really work the rub into the meat, ensuring it's well coated.
  4. Marinate: For the best flavor, let the rubbed pork sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or even overnight if you have the time.
  5. Cook the Pork: Cook your pork low and slow, either in a smoker, on a grill, or in the oven. The key is to cook it at a low temperature (around 225°F) for several hours until the meat is tender and easily pulls apart.
  6. Rest and Shred: Once the pork is cooked, let it rest for about 15 minutes before shredding it with two forks. This allows the juices to redistribute, making the meat even more flavorful.
The first bite of this pulled pork will have you hooked. The spices meld together to create a flavor explosion that's both rich and balanced. Whether you're making sandwiches, tacos, or just eating it straight, this rub is sure to impress. Enjoy!

View attachment 4757

I recently tried this amazing pulled pork rub recipe, and I have to say, it completely transformed my BBQ game. The blend of spices creates a perfect balance of sweet, smoky, and savory flavors. Here's how you can make it at home:

• 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup paprika
  • 2 tablespoons salt

1. Mix the Ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and mustard powder. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
  2. Prepare the Pork: Take your pork shoulder or pork butt and pat it dry with paper towels. This helps the rub adhere better.
  3. Apply the Rub: Generously apply the spice rub to the pork, making sure to cover all sides. Use your hands to really work the rub into the meat, ensuring it's well coated.
  4. Marinate: For the best flavor, let the rubbed pork sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or even overnight if you have the time.
  5. Cook the Pork: Cook your pork low and slow, either in a smoker, on a grill, or in the oven. The key is to cook it at a low temperature (around 225°F) for several hours until the meat is tender and easily pulls apart.
  6. Rest and Shred: Once the pork is cooked, let it rest for about 15 minutes before shredding it with two forks. This allows the juices to redistribute, making the meat even more flavorful.
The first bite of this pulled pork will have you hooked. The spices meld together to create a flavor explosion that's both rich and balanced. Whether you're making sandwiches, tacos, or just eating it straight, this rub is sure to impress. Enjoy!
This sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it on my next BBQ night. Any suggestions for the perfect side dish to go with it? 🍖🔥

This Pulled Pork Rub recipe looks fantastic! 🐷🍖 I bet the flavors are out of this world. Can't wait to try it at my next BBQ! Thanks for sharing! 😊

View attachment 4757

• 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup paprika
  • 2 tablespoons salt

This pulled pork rub sounds perfect for adding that smoky, flavorful kick! Can't wait to give it a try at my next BBQ! 🔥

View attachment 4757

• 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup paprika
  • 2 tablespoons salt

Hi! I think a mix of brown sugar, smoked paprika, and garlic powder makes a fantastic pulled pork rub. 🍖🌶️ It adds a nice balance of sweetness and smokiness!

Back