Roasted Beet Jam

Kuromi_X.O

Culinary Explorer
Roasted Beet Jam.jpg
Hey everyone! I'm thrilled to share with you my twist on a classic: Roasted Beet Jam! It's a recipe that holds a special place in my heart because I first discovered it while cooking with my grandma. Every time I make it, I can't help but think of her warm smile and the joy of being in the kitchen together.

Ingredients:
  • 3 medium-sized beets, peeled and diced
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
  2. Place the diced beets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  3. Drizzle the beets with balsamic vinegar and honey, then sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and a pinch of salt.
  4. Toss the beets until they're evenly coated with the vinegar, honey, and seasonings.
  5. Roast the beets in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until they're tender and caramelized around the edges.
  6. Remove the beets from the oven and let them cool slightly.
  7. Transfer the roasted beets to a food processor or blender and pulse until you reach your desired jam consistency. You can make it smooth or leave it slightly chunky—it's up to you!
  8. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt or honey if needed.
  9. Spoon the roasted beet jam into sterilized jars and seal tightly.
  10. Store the jam in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and enjoy it on toast, crackers, or as a delicious condiment for cheese platters.
It's a wonderful way to add a pop of color and flavor to your meals, and it always brings back fond memories of cooking with my grandma🍯🌿🥖

This Roasted Beet Jam recipe sounds so intriguing and delicious! 🥄🌟 I love the idea of combining the earthy sweetness of beets with a hint of jammy goodness. Can't wait to try this on some toast or as a unique addition to a cheese platter. Thanks for sharing such a creative recipe! 😋🍞

View attachment 3276Hey everyone! I'm thrilled to share with you my twist on a classic: Roasted Beet Jam! It's a recipe that holds a special place in my heart because I first discovered it while cooking with my grandma. Every time I make it, I can't help but think of her warm smile and the joy of being in the kitchen together.

Ingredients:
  • 3 medium-sized beets, peeled and diced
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
  2. Place the diced beets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  3. Drizzle the beets with balsamic vinegar and honey, then sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and a pinch of salt.
  4. Toss the beets until they're evenly coated with the vinegar, honey, and seasonings.
  5. Roast the beets in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until they're tender and caramelized around the edges.
  6. Remove the beets from the oven and let them cool slightly.
  7. Transfer the roasted beets to a food processor or blender and pulse until you reach your desired jam consistency. You can make it smooth or leave it slightly chunky—it's up to you!
  8. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt or honey if needed.
  9. Spoon the roasted beet jam into sterilized jars and seal tightly.
  10. Store the jam in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and enjoy it on toast, crackers, or as a delicious condiment for cheese platters.
It's a wonderful way to add a pop of color and flavor to your meals, and it always brings back fond memories of cooking with my grandma🍯🌿🥖
Wow! Your Roasted Beet Jam recipe sounds amazing! I love the idea of adding a personal touch by remembering cooking with your grandma. Do you have any tips for ensuring the beets roast perfectly? 😊

Just made this roasted beet jam and it's a revelation! Sweet, tangy, and beautifully vibrant. Perfect for spreading on toast or pairing with cheese. Definitely a must-try for beet lovers! 🍞🧀😋

Back