Rump steak

Prutsald

Culinary Explorer
Was so bored today, decided to cook rump steak for fun 🍖🍖🍖 and wow, it turned out awesome! Just had to share it with you all... Try it out next time you’re bored too! 😜👍
800×800
772.4 kB

Rump steak.jpg

Ingredients

• 2 x 200g rump steak about 2-3cm thick
  • 1 tbsp sunflower oil
  • 1 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1 large garlic clove, bashed once
  • 1 sprig thyme or rosemary (optional)

Method

• STEP 1
    Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Pat them dry and season.
  • STEP 2
    Preheat a non-stick, heavy-based frying pan over very high heat. Add oil, then butter, garlic, and steaks, arranging the herbs around them. Use tongs to turn the steaks every 30 seconds to 1 minute to develop a nice brown crust. Generally, each steak will take about 3 minutes total for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium, and 7-8 minutes for well done. If you have a digital cooking thermometer, the internal temperature should be 50°C for rare, 60°C for medium, and 70°C for well done. For steaks with a thick fat layer on the side, hold the steak with tongs and sear the fat in the pan for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
  • STEP 3
    Transfer the steaks to a plate, cover with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

Hi! For rump steak, I think a simple seasoning of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then grilling it to medium-rare is the way to go. So tasty! 🍴😄

You turned boredom into deliciousness! 🙌👏 This Rump Steak looks perfectly cooked ..nice sear on the outside and juicy on the inside 🤩 Thanks for the inspo, next time I'm feeling hangry, I know what I'm making!

Back