Salmon Croquettes with Remoulade Sauce

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Check out these Salmon Croquettes with Remoulade Sauce - they're a flavor explosion in every bite! 🐟 Perfectly crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. Plus, that zesty remoulade sauce? Total game-changer! 😋👌 Whip up a batch for your next dinner party or weeknight treat. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you! #FoodieDelight #SalmonLovers

Salmon Croquettes with Remoulade Sauce

Salmon Croquettes with Remoulade.jpg

Ingredients:
For the croquettes:

• 2/3 cup self-rising flour
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced
  • One 14.75-ounce can salmon, well drained
  • 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 1/2 cups canola oil
For the remoulade sauce:
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon capers, drained and coarsely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
  • 4 cornichons, finely chopped
  • 3 teaspoons cornichon brine
  • Remaining 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, combine self-rising flour, Worcestershire sauce, optional hot sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, sliced scallions, well-drained salmon, finely chopped onion, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Gently stir until fully incorporated. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
  2. While the mixture chills, prepare the remoulade sauce. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chopped capers, sweet paprika, finely chopped cornichons, cornichon brine, remaining Cajun seasoning, and salt. Set aside. The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 hour before serving.
  3. Lightly beat the remaining egg in a small bowl. Place panko breadcrumbs in another small bowl. Dust your hands lightly with flour. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the salmon mixture and shape it into oblong croquettes about 2 inches long, or into round patties if preferred.
  4. Dip each croquette into the beaten egg, then roll in the panko breadcrumbs to coat completely, gently pressing to adhere.
  5. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over high heat until it reaches 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) on a deep-fry thermometer or until a small piece of the salmon mixture bubbles vigorously and floats to the top when added to the oil. Line a plate with paper towels.
  6. Carefully place the coated croquettes in the hot oil, leaving space between them for even cooking. Fry until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to the lined plate and let cool slightly.
  7. Serve the salmon croquettes warm with the prepared remoulade sauce.
Cook’s Note:
  • When measuring flour, spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off the excess to avoid a dry end result.
  • Chilling the mixture helps in shaping the croquettes and prevents them from falling apart during frying.

PS: They're my go-to for when I want something fancy without the fuss. 🍽️💃 The crispy exterior paired with the creamy, tangy sauce is just chef's kiss! 😚👌 And hey, they make me feel like a culinary superstar every time I serve them up. Can't get enough!

Just whipped up these Salmon Croquettes with Remoulade Sauce and they were a hit! 🐟🍽️ The croquettes were crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and bursting with flavor. And that remoulade sauce? A perfect zesty complement. This recipe is definitely going into my regular rotation!🌟👍

Back