Sausage Pasta

Dom

Culinary Explorer
Let's have some pasta today, here is how
Sausage Pasta.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 8 ounces of your favorite pasta (penne, fusilli, or spaghetti work well)
  • 4 Italian sausages, casings removed
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
  • Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)

Instructions:​

1. Cook the Pasta:
    • Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
    • Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
    • Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside.
  2. Cook the Sausage:
    • In a large skillet or frying pan, cook the Italian sausage over medium heat, breaking it apart with a spoon, until it's browned and cooked through.
    • Remove the cooked sausage from the pan and set it aside. Discard any excess fat, leaving about a tablespoon in the pan.
  3. Sauté the Vegetables:
    • In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and diced bell pepper. Cook until they are softened, about 5 minutes.
    • Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
  4. Combine Ingredients:
    • Return the cooked sausage to the skillet with the vegetables.
    • Pour in the diced tomatoes along with their juices.
    • Sprinkle in the dried oregano and basil. Stir well to combine.
    • Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Simmer:
    • Let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together and the sauce to thicken slightly.
  6. Combine with Pasta:
    • Once the sauce has thickened to your liking, add the cooked pasta to the skillet.
    • Toss everything together until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
  7. Serve:
    • Serve the sausage pasta hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves if desired.
Enjoy your delicious sausage pasta! Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other vegetables like mushrooms or spinach, or by using different types of sausage for extra flavor.

This sausage pasta looks absolutely delicious! 🍝 I love the combination of savory sausage with the rich tomato sauce. Can't wait to try this recipe out. Any tips on choosing the best type of sausage for this dish?🧀🌿

This sausage pasta recipe looks amazing! I love how simple and flavorful it is. I can already imagine the savory aroma filling the kitchen as it cooks. I'm definitely going to try making this soon. Thanks for sharing such a delicious-looking recipe! 😉👍✨

Let's have some pasta today, here is how
View attachment 3035

Ingredients:​

• 8 ounces of your favorite pasta (penne, fusilli, or spaghetti work well)
  • 4 Italian sausages, casings removed
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
  • Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)

Instructions:​

1. Cook the Pasta:
    • Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
    • Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
    • Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside.
  2. Cook the Sausage:
    • In a large skillet or frying pan, cook the Italian sausage over medium heat, breaking it apart with a spoon, until it's browned and cooked through.
    • Remove the cooked sausage from the pan and set it aside. Discard any excess fat, leaving about a tablespoon in the pan.
  3. Sauté the Vegetables:
    • In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and diced bell pepper. Cook until they are softened, about 5 minutes.
    • Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
  4. Combine Ingredients:
    • Return the cooked sausage to the skillet with the vegetables.
    • Pour in the diced tomatoes along with their juices.
    • Sprinkle in the dried oregano and basil. Stir well to combine.
    • Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Simmer:
    • Let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together and the sauce to thicken slightly.
  6. Combine with Pasta:
    • Once the sauce has thickened to your liking, add the cooked pasta to the skillet.
    • Toss everything together until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
  7. Serve:
    • Serve the sausage pasta hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves if desired.
Enjoy your delicious sausage pasta! Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other vegetables like mushrooms or spinach, or by using different types of sausage for extra flavor.
Sausage pasta is a classic dish that's always a hit in my household! It's simple yet flavorful, with the savory goodness of sausage complementing the pasta perfectly. I love how versatile it is too—you can switch up the type of sausage or add in extra veggies for an even heartier meal. Plus, it's super quick and easy to make, which is perfect for those busy weeknights when you need something delicious on the table fast. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

🍝😋 This sausage pasta recipe sounds absolutely mouthwatering! I can already imagine the savory flavors blending together perfectly. Time to grab a fork and dig in!

Back