Seafood Paella

lomiloml

Culinary Explorer
__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__simply_recipes__uploads__2018__07__Seafo...jpg

I recently made this amazing Seafood Paella, and it was a hit! The combination of fresh seafood, vibrant saffron, and perfectly cooked rice made it an unforgettable meal. Here’s how you can recreate it at home:

Ingredients:​

• 2 cups Arborio rice
  • 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • 4 cups seafood stock
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 pound mussels, cleaned
  • 1 pound clams, cleaned
  • 1 lemon, cut into wedges
  • Fresh parsley, chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the saffron: Soak the saffron threads in a small amount of warm water for about 10 minutes.
  2. Cook the base: In a large paella pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell peppers. Cook until they’re soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
  3. Add the rice: Stir in the Arborio rice, making sure each grain is coated in oil. Toast the rice for about 2 minutes.
  4. Incorporate the tomatoes and saffron: Add the diced tomatoes, saffron (with its soaking water), and a pinch of salt. Cook for another 2 minutes.
  5. Pour in the liquids: Add the seafood stock and white wine. Stir well and bring to a boil.
  6. Simmer: Reduce the heat to low and let the rice cook uncovered for about 15 minutes. Do not stir the rice; this helps form a nice crust at the bottom.
  7. Add the seafood: Arrange the shrimp, mussels, and clams on top of the rice. Cover the pan with a lid or foil and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the seafood is cooked through and the mussels and clams have opened.
  8. Finish and serve: Remove the paella from heat. Sprinkle with frozen peas, fresh parsley, and squeeze lemon juice over the top. Let it rest for a few minutes before serving.

Conclusion:​

This Seafood Paella is a feast for the senses. The saffron gives it a beautiful color and aromatic flavor, while the seafood adds a fresh and briny taste. It’s perfect for a family dinner or special occasion. Enjoy! 🍤🍚🍋

This Seafood Paella looks absolutely divine! 🦐🍚 The mix of fresh seafood and vibrant spices is making my mouth water. Can’t wait to try this recipe—thanks for sharing your delicious creation! 😋

Oh wow, fancy! 🥘🦐 I’ve always wanted to try making this. Gonna give it a shot and hope I don’t turn my kitchen into a seafood explosion 😂

Back