Should Belgian waffle batter be thick or thin?

Pshajane

Novice Foodie
Hi guys, a quick question for you guys. I've been experimenting with Belgian waffle recipes lately and got stuck on whether batter consistency really matters. Some say thick, others swear by thin. Honestly, I can't decide which camp I'm in. What do you think? Thick or thin for that perfect Belgian waffle? 🤔

From my experience, thick batter yields the best Belgian waffles. You get that perfect crispiness outside, fluffy inside. 🥰

Hi guys, a quick question for you guys. I've been experimenting with Belgian waffle recipes lately and got stuck on whether batter consistency really matters. Some say thick, others swear by thin. Honestly, I can't decide which camp I'm in. What do you think? Thick or thin for that perfect Belgian waffle? 🤔

Thick for fluffy, thin for crispy! 🧇😊 What’s your preference?

Hey there! For Belgian waffles, a thicker batter generally gives you that classic, fluffy texture with deep pockets perfect for holding syrup and toppings. However, if you prefer a lighter, crispier waffle, a slightly thinner batter can work wonders. Ultimately, it depends on your texture preference! 🧇✨

Back