Should you soak black eyed peas overnight in the fridge or counter?

Timmy24

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone! 🍲 I'm preparing to cook some black eyed peas for lunch. I wonder if I should I soak them overnight in the fridge or just leave them on the counter? I have tried both methods and haven't noticed any difference. I'm wondering if there's any reason behind this process or it's just a preference. What do you all think? 🌱

I haven't noticed a huge difference either! 😅 I usually soak on the counter for convenience, but fridge soaking might be better in hot weather to prevent spoiling. No matter which method you choose, rinsing them well before cooking is key! (y)

Enjoy your black eyed peas!

Ah, the eternal black-eyed pea debate! 🤔 While soaking black-eyed peas overnight in the fridge is the traditional method, soaking them on the counter can work too, as long as it's not too warm. Some folks swear by soaking on the counter for convenience, while others argue that the fridge helps control bacterial growth. Ultimately, it boils down to personal preference and your kitchen environment. Experiment and see what works best for you! 🌱

Back