Shredded Steak with Peppers, Onions, and Tomatoes (Ropa Vieja) šŸ„©šŸ§…šŸŒ¶ļøšŸ…

Marich

Flavorful Connoisseur
Hey friends! I just tried making Ropa Vieja yesterday morning, and wow, it turned out so good! This dish is like a flavor explosion in your mouth, with tender shredded steak paired perfectly with sweet peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Itā€™s a classic Cuban dish thatā€™s super comforting and perfect for any meal. Trust me, youā€™re going to love it!

Ropa Vieja.jpg
Ingredients:

• 2 pounds flank steak
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Directions:
  1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the flank steak and sear it on both sides until browned. This should take about 5 minutes per side.
  2. Remove the steak from the pot and set it aside. In the same pot, add the sliced onion and bell peppers. Cook until they're soft, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
  4. Return the steak to the pot. Add the diced tomatoes, ground cumin, dried oregano, bay leaf, and beef broth. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. Bring everything to a simmer, then cover and cook on low heat for about 2 hours, or until the steak is tender and easily shreds with a fork.
  6. Once the steak is done, remove it from the pot and shred it with two forks. Stir the shredded steak back into the pot, mixing it with the veggies and sauce.
  7. Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro if you like.

This dish is perfect with rice or tortillas, and itā€™s such a crowd-pleaser! I canā€™t wait to make it again. Enjoy! šŸ˜Š

Hey friends! I just tried making Ropa Vieja yesterday morning, and wow, it turned out so good! This dish is like a flavor explosion in your mouth, with tender shredded steak paired perfectly with sweet peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Itā€™s a classic Cuban dish thatā€™s super comforting and perfect for any meal. Trust me, youā€™re going to love it!

View attachment 6413Ingredients:

• 2 pounds flank steak
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Directions:
  1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the flank steak and sear it on both sides until browned. This should take about 5 minutes per side.
  2. Remove the steak from the pot and set it aside. In the same pot, add the sliced onion and bell peppers. Cook until they're soft, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
  4. Return the steak to the pot. Add the diced tomatoes, ground cumin, dried oregano, bay leaf, and beef broth. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. Bring everything to a simmer, then cover and cook on low heat for about 2 hours, or until the steak is tender and easily shreds with a fork.
  6. Once the steak is done, remove it from the pot and shred it with two forks. Stir the shredded steak back into the pot, mixing it with the veggies and sauce.
  7. Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro if you like.

This dish is perfect with rice or tortillas, and itā€™s such a crowd-pleaser! I canā€™t wait to make it again. Enjoy! šŸ˜Š
The Shredded Steak with Peppers, Onions, and Tomatoes looks so delicious! I love how colorful and hearty this dish is. It seems like a perfect meal for any day, full of flavor and comfort. I canā€™t wait to try making Ropa Vieja at home! šŸ„©šŸ§…šŸŒ¶ļøšŸ…

Back