Shrimp Adobo

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
I want to introduce this Shrimp Adobo recipe, a delicious Filipino dish that features shrimp cooked in a tangy and savory sauce. Here's a simple recipe for making shrimp adobo:

Ingredients:
1712588905504.png

• 1 lb (450g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
    451×350
    373.1 kB
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup vinegar (preferably cane or rice vinegar)
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chopped green onions or cilantro for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet or pan over medium heat.
  2. Sauté the minced garlic until golden brown and aromatic.
  3. Add the sliced onion to the pan and cook until softened.
  4. Once the onion is translucent, add the shrimp to the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until they turn pink and start to curl. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
  5. In the same pan, pour in the soy sauce, vinegar, water, bay leaves, and whole peppercorns. Stir to combine.
  6. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  7. Return the cooked shrimp to the pan and let it simmer in the sauce for another 2-3 minutes, ensuring that the shrimp are well-coated with the sauce.
  8. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper according to your preference.
  9. Once the shrimp are fully cooked and the sauce has thickened slightly, remove the pan from the heat.
  10. Serve the shrimp adobo hot over steamed rice, garnished with chopped green onions or cilantro if desired.
Enjoy your flavorful shrimp adobo!

Your Shrimp Adobo recipe is making my mouth water! Filipino dish sounds like a real treat. Thanks for sharing-will definitely give it a try! 🍤🇵🇭

I want to introduce this Shrimp Adobo recipe, a delicious Filipino dish that features shrimp cooked in a tangy and savory sauce. Here's a simple recipe for making shrimp adobo:

Ingredients:View attachment 1585
  • 1 lb (450g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
    451×350
    373.1 kB
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup vinegar (preferably cane or rice vinegar)
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chopped green onions or cilantro for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet or pan over medium heat.
  2. Sauté the minced garlic until golden brown and aromatic.
  3. Add the sliced onion to the pan and cook until softened.
  4. Once the onion is translucent, add the shrimp to the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until they turn pink and start to curl. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
  5. In the same pan, pour in the soy sauce, vinegar, water, bay leaves, and whole peppercorns. Stir to combine.
  6. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  7. Return the cooked shrimp to the pan and let it simmer in the sauce for another 2-3 minutes, ensuring that the shrimp are well-coated with the sauce.
  8. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper according to your preference.
  9. Once the shrimp are fully cooked and the sauce has thickened slightly, remove the pan from the heat.
  10. Serve the shrimp adobo hot over steamed rice, garnished with chopped green onions or cilantro if desired.
Enjoy your flavorful shrimp adobo!
Thanks for sharing the Shrimp Adobo recipe! It sounds like a flavorful and savory dish, perfect for enjoying the delicious combination of shrimp and adobo sauce. Can't wait to cook up some shrimp in that tangy and aromatic sauce for a tasty meal. 🍤🍲🌶️

I never thought shrimp could be cooked this way! I can't wait to try this one out for our upcoming family dinner! 😻

Back