Simple recipe for broccoli cheddar soup !!! 🥦🥘

beni

Tasty Apprentice
As much as I love to cook, I have never made soup. I found this recipe online and decided to give it a try to experiment a little bit. It turns out to be so delicious that I want to share it here!
cheddar soup.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups broccoli florets
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 cup milk (or half-and-half for a creamier soup)
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
  2. Sprinkle the flour over the onion and garlic, and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
  3. Slowly pour in the chicken or vegetable broth while stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
  4. Add the broccoli florets to the pot, bring the mixture to a simmer, and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
  5. Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender to puree until smooth. Return the soup to the pot if using a blender.
  6. Stir in the milk (or half-and-half) and shredded cheddar cheese until the cheese is melted and the soup is heated through.
  7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Serve hot, optionally garnished with additional shredded cheddar cheese or croutons.
Enjoy your homemade broccoli cheddar soup! Let me know how it turns out !

That's amazing! Trying new things in the kitchen is a fantastic way to find different tastes. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I'm definitely intrigued and will try it soon.

Absolutely loved this soup! The broccoli adds a nice freshness, and the cheddar gives it that comforting, cheesy goodness. Plus, it's so easy to make! Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or meal prep. Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe!

Oh Cheese! I'm craving right now, will surely taste this interesting soup! I am excited! thanks for sharing this!

Back