Smashed Avocado Toast with Egg

namiG

Novice Foodie
I woke up this morning craving a hearty yet healthy breakfast, so I decided to make my favorite Smashed Avocado Toast with Egg. It's simple, delicious, and packed with nutrients to start the day right. šŸ„‘šŸ³
smashed avocado toast with egg.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 slices of whole-grain bread
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • Salt, to taste
  • Fresh lemon juice, to taste
  • Red pepper flakes, to taste
  • 1 egg

Instructions:
  • First, I toasted a couple of slices of whole-grain bread until they were nice and crispy. While the bread was toasting, I took a ripe avocado and scooped out the flesh into a bowl.
  • Using a fork, I smashed the avocado until it was creamy but still had some chunks for texture. I seasoned it with a pinch of salt, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
  • Next, I heated a non-stick skillet over medium heat and cracked an egg into it. I let the egg cook until the white was set but the yolk was still runny. I carefully flipped the egg and cooked it for another minute to set the yolk slightly.
  • Once the bread was done toasting, I spread the smashed avocado evenly over each slice. Then, using a spatula, I carefully placed the fried egg on top of one slice, letting the yolk ooze out slightly. I placed the other slice of toast on top to make a sandwich.
The combination of creamy avocado, runny egg yolk, and crunchy toast was absolutely divine. It's a breakfast that never fails to satisfy and keep me energized throughout the morning. šŸ˜‹

Hey folk! That avocado toast recipe sounds amazing! I'm all about starting my day with something hearty and nutritious. But hey, speaking of breakfast, have any of you tried making an Easy Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole? I stumbled upon a recipe and it looks like the perfect comfort food for any time of day. Thinking of giving it a shot for dinner tonight!

Sounds delicious! It is such a tasty and nutritious way to start a day. Thanks for reminding me about this tasty option! Will try it out soon.:)

Back