Soupe à l’oignon Recipe 🍲🧀

Marich

Flavorful Connoisseur
Hello everyone, I’m thrilled to share our classic French onion soup recipe from my family ancestors the Soupe à l’oignon. This is our favorite the dish because its taste is full of flavor and gives you warm feelings when you eat it at family celebrations and cozy evenings. Originating from the 17th century, this is our variation of this traditional soup which is a showcase of the timeless charm of the simple yet fulfilling flavors. The magic starts with slowly caramelizing onions to get the natural sweetness and then goes on by adding beef stock and a touch of brandy or sherry for complexity. Soupe à l’oignon can be either taken as a starter or a full meal on its own; regardless, it is a classic that I’m excited to share with you. Take part in this gastronomic adventure as we re-enact this precious family recipe.🍲🧀

Soupe à l’oignon.jpg

Ingredients:

• 250g (8.8 oz) onions, thinly sliced
  • 25g (1 oz) flour
  • 2 liters (2.1 qt) white consommé or water
  • Sliced and dried bread
  • Butter (for sautéing)
Instructions:

• Sauté the thinly sliced onions in butter until they become soft and translucent.
  • Sprinkle flour over the onions and stir until combined.
  • Pour in the water or consommé, then simmer for 25 minutes.
  • Place a piece of dried bread in each serving bowl or plate, then ladle the soup over the bread.
This recipe creates a comforting onion soup served over slices of bread. Enjoy! 🧀🥖🍲

Oh là là! This French onion soup recipe is like a warm hug from the inside out! 🍲💕 Those onions are getting all cozy and caramelized, and the beef stock and brandy are like the perfect dinner party guests. And don't even get me started on the bread slices - they're the life of the party! Merci for this culinary gem! 🧀🥖

Hello everyone, I’m thrilled to share our classic French onion soup recipe from my family ancestors the Soupe à l’oignon. This is our favorite the dish because its taste is full of flavor and gives you warm feelings when you eat it at family celebrations and cozy evenings. Originating from the 17th century, this is our variation of this traditional soup which is a showcase of the timeless charm of the simple yet fulfilling flavors. The magic starts with slowly caramelizing onions to get the natural sweetness and then goes on by adding beef stock and a touch of brandy or sherry for complexity. Soupe à l’oignon can be either taken as a starter or a full meal on its own; regardless, it is a classic that I’m excited to share with you. Take part in this gastronomic adventure as we re-enact this precious family recipe.🍲🧀

View attachment 1824
Ingredients:

• 250g (8.8 oz) onions, thinly sliced
  • 25g (1 oz) flour
  • 2 liters (2.1 qt) white consommé or water
  • Sliced and dried bread
  • Butter (for sautéing)
Instructions:

• Sauté the thinly sliced onions in butter until they become soft and translucent.
  • Sprinkle flour over the onions and stir until combined.
  • Pour in the water or consommé, then simmer for 25 minutes.
  • Place a piece of dried bread in each serving bowl or plate, then ladle the soup over the bread.
This recipe creates a comforting onion soup served over slices of bread. Enjoy! 🧀🥖🍲
Thanks for sharing the Soupe à l’oignon recipe! It sounds like a delightful and comforting French dish, perfect for enjoying the rich flavors of caramelized onions in a hearty soup. Can't wait to make this delicious and warming meal for a cozy dinner. 🍲🧅🥖

Oh là là! This French onion soup recipe is like a warm hug from the inside out! 🍲💕 Those onions are getting all cozy and caramelized, and the beef stock and brandy are like the perfect dinner party guests. And don't even get me started on the bread slices - they're the life of the party! Merci for this culinary gem! 🧀🥖

Merci, I'm glad you enjoyed the French onion soup! Those caramelized onions are definitely the best. 💕

Thanks for sharing the Soupe à l’oignon recipe! It sounds like a delightful and comforting French dish, perfect for enjoying the rich flavors of caramelized onions in a hearty soup. Can't wait to make this delicious and warming meal for a cozy dinner. 🍲🧅🥖

Génial merci! I'm Glad you liked the recipe. It's seriously good stuff—perfect for those chilly evenings. Enjoy your soup!🤗

Oh, you better believe it! Your French onion soup was like a warm hug for my taste buds. Those caramelized onions were the MVPs for sure! Your recipe is a game-changer in the world of comfort food 🍲🌟
Aw, thanks a bunch! So I'm glad you enjoyed the French onion soup—it's all about those caramelized onions! 😁 ;)

Back