Southwest Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas

Aprodhite

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys, Sharing this recipe of my Aunt :) , as she was assigned to cook for our lunch earlier :), Hope you'll like it :)
Southwest sweet potato and black bean.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 3/4 cup minced garlic
  • 3.5 lbs red onion, peeled, diced, 1/4 inch
  • 9 lbs corn kernels, frozen
  • 1/2 – #10 can green chiles, diced, canned
  • 5.5 – #10 cans black beans, drained
  • 15 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, diced, 1/2 inch
  • 3/4 cup ground cumin
  • 2 Tbsp coriander powder
  • 1/4 cup chili powder
  • 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
  • 2 – #10 cans verde enchilada sauce
  • 100 whole-grain tortillas, 8-inch
  • 9.5 lbs mozzarella cheese, shredded, part-skim
Instruction:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. In a large skillet, heat the canola oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and diced red onions, and sauté until they're softened and fragrant.
  3. Stir in the frozen corn kernels, green chiles, drained black beans, and diced sweet potatoes. Cook until the sweet potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
  4. Add the ground cumin, coriander powder, chili powder, and ground black pepper to the skillet, and mix until everything is evenly coated in the spices.
  5. Pour one can of verde enchilada sauce into the bottom of a large baking dish.
  6. Fill each tortilla with a generous scoop of the sweet potato and black bean mixture, then roll them up tightly and place them seam-side down in the baking dish.
  7. Once all the enchiladas are assembled, pour the remaining can of verde enchilada sauce over the top, making sure to cover them evenly.
  8. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the enchiladas, covering them completely.
  9. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  10. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and the enchiladas are heated through.
  11. Serve hot, garnished with your favorite toppings like diced tomatoes, avocado slices, chopped cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream.

And there you have it, give 'em a try and let me know what you think! :)

How wonderful to have a taste of your family's kitchen! 😊 I'm excited to give this recipe a go—there's something extra special about dishes made with love and tradition. Thanks for passing it along!

Southwest Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas? That's a flavor-packed twist on traditional enchiladas! Can't wait to give this recipe a try for my next Tex-Mex craving. 🌶️🥑

How wonderful to have a taste of your family's kitchen! 😊 I'm excited to give this recipe a go—there's something extra special about dishes made with love and tradition. Thanks for passing it along!
Southwest Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas? That's a flavor-packed twist on traditional enchiladas! Can't wait to give this recipe a try for my next Tex-Mex craving. 🌶️🥑
Thank you so much for your kind words! 😊 I'm thrilled that you're excited to try the recipe. I hope it brings you as much joy and flavor as it does to my family's table! :)

Back