Spam Musubi Recipe

clintonbee

Novice Foodie
spam-musubi-8.jpg

If you're like me and enjoy discovering new, delicious snacks, you're in for a treat with this Spam Musubi recipe. I tried it for the first time last weekend and instantly fell in love with the delightful mix of savory Spam, tangy teriyaki sauce, and the comforting warmth of rice all wrapped up in a crisp nori sheet. It's the perfect blend of flavors and textures, and trust me, it's super easy to make. Let's get started!

Spam Musubi Recipe​

Ingredients:​

• 1 can of Spam (any flavor you like)
  • 3 cups of cooked sushi rice
  • 4 sheets of nori (seaweed)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup mirin (or substitute with rice vinegar and a little sugar)
  • Plastic wrap
  • Musubi mold (optional, but super helpful)

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Spam: Open the can of Spam and slice it into 8 equal pieces.
  2. Cook the Spam: Heat a skillet over medium heat and fry the Spam slices until they're crispy and golden on both sides. Set them aside on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
  3. Make the Sauce: In the same skillet, combine the soy sauce, sugar, and mirin. Bring it to a simmer and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the Spam slices back to the skillet and cook them for about 1-2 minutes on each side, ensuring they're well coated with the sauce.
  4. Shape the Rice: If you have a musubi mold, great! If not, you can use the Spam can lined with plastic wrap. Fill the mold (or can) with about 1/2 cup of cooked sushi rice, pressing it down firmly.
  5. Assemble the Musubi: Place a slice of the glazed Spam on top of the shaped rice. Remove the rice and Spam from the mold carefully. Wrap a strip of nori around the middle, using a bit of water to seal the edges.
  6. Serve and Enjoy: Let the musubi sit for a few minutes to allow the nori to soften slightly from the moisture of the rice. Serve warm or at room temperature.
There you have it! A simple, tasty snack that brings a little bit of Hawaiian flavor into your home. Enjoy your Spam Musubi! 🌺🍙

View attachment 4001

If you're like me and enjoy discovering new, delicious snacks, you're in for a treat with this Spam Musubi recipe. I tried it for the first time last weekend and instantly fell in love with the delightful mix of savory Spam, tangy teriyaki sauce, and the comforting warmth of rice all wrapped up in a crisp nori sheet. It's the perfect blend of flavors and textures, and trust me, it's super easy to make. Let's get started!

Spam Musubi Recipe​

Ingredients:​

• 1 can of Spam (any flavor you like)
  • 3 cups of cooked sushi rice
  • 4 sheets of nori (seaweed)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup mirin (or substitute with rice vinegar and a little sugar)
  • Plastic wrap
  • Musubi mold (optional, but super helpful)

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Spam: Open the can of Spam and slice it into 8 equal pieces.
  2. Cook the Spam: Heat a skillet over medium heat and fry the Spam slices until they're crispy and golden on both sides. Set them aside on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
  3. Make the Sauce: In the same skillet, combine the soy sauce, sugar, and mirin. Bring it to a simmer and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the Spam slices back to the skillet and cook them for about 1-2 minutes on each side, ensuring they're well coated with the sauce.
  4. Shape the Rice: If you have a musubi mold, great! If not, you can use the Spam can lined with plastic wrap. Fill the mold (or can) with about 1/2 cup of cooked sushi rice, pressing it down firmly.
  5. Assemble the Musubi: Place a slice of the glazed Spam on top of the shaped rice. Remove the rice and Spam from the mold carefully. Wrap a strip of nori around the middle, using a bit of water to seal the edges.
  6. Serve and Enjoy: Let the musubi sit for a few minutes to allow the nori to soften slightly from the moisture of the rice. Serve warm or at room temperature.
There you have it! A simple, tasty snack that brings a little bit of Hawaiian flavor into your home. Enjoy your Spam Musubi! 🌺🍙
This Spam Musubi recipe looks so good! Has anyone tried adding a bit of sriracha for a spicy kick? Can't wait to make these for a quick snack! 🍙🍣🔥

Back