Spicy Crispy Pork Belly With Chinese Kale Stir-Fry

Aprodhite

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys, I want to share with you what I cooked last night, this is my version of spicy crispy pork belly with Chinese Kale Stir-Fry is a flavor-packed delight that will leave you craving more with every bite :) kidding aside that depends on you but that's what I feel when I'm eating it haha, here's how i did it
Crispy Pork Belly With Chinese Kale.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 500g pork belly, skin on
  • 1 bunch Chinese kale (also known as Chinese broccoli or Gai Lan)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce or 2 sliced red chili
  • 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry)
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooked rice, for serving
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F). Score the skin of the pork belly with a sharp knife, making shallow cuts about 1 cm apart. This helps the skin to crisp up during cooking.
  2. Rub the pork belly all over with salt and pepper, ensuring it's evenly seasoned. Place the pork belly on a wire rack set over a baking tray, skin side up. This allows air to circulate around the pork belly, helping it to crisp up.
  3. Roast the pork belly in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and crispy, and the meat is cooked through. Once cooked, remove the pork belly from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into bite-sized pieces.
  4. While the pork belly is roasting, prepare the Chinese kale. Trim off the tough ends of the stems and cut the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
  5. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, and stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
  6. Add the sliced Chinese kale to the skillet and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until it starts to wilt.
  7. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce, Shaoxing wine, and sesame oil to create the sauce.
  8. Pour the spicy sauce over the Chinese kale in the skillet and toss everything together until the kale is coated in the sauce.
  9. Add the crispy pork belly pieces to the skillet with the Chinese kale and sauce. Stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through and well combined.
  10. Serve the spicy crispy pork belly and Chinese kale stir-fry hot over cooked rice.

Remember that you must adjust the amount of chili garlic sauce according to your spice tolerance. If you prefer it milder, reduce the amount; if you're a heat seeker, add more for an extra kick. Hope you'll like it. Thank you :)

Whoa, that spicy crispy pork belly with Chinese kale sounds absolutely bomb! Love how you nailed the crispy skin and spicy kick. Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe, definitely trying it out! 🙌

Back