Spicy Shrimp Veracruz

DreamingPilgrim

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone! I'm sharing with you my new favorite recipe, Shrimp Veracruz! It's juicy shrimp in a pepper ,tomato spicy, briny sauce served over rice. I promise this is sooo GOOD!!!

INGREDIENTS
Veracruz-Shrimp-Bowl.jpg

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 8–10 sweet mini peppers, chopped
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, minced
  • 2 tablespoons capers
  • 1/4 cup golden raisins
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons red wine
  • 1 cup water (see notes)
  • 1 pound uncooked shrimp (see notes)
  • 1 cup rice
  • lemon or lime (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. RICE: Get your rice cooking according to package directions.
  2. PEPPERS: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute peppers for 5-10 minutes until they’re nice and soft.
  3. TOMATOES AND STUFF: Turn the heat down to medium (to avoid burning the garlic). Add the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeños, capers, raisins, oregano, and salt. Saute for 5-10 minutes until it’s all fragrant and yummy and the tomatoes have released some of their juices.
  4. SAUCE HAPPENING: Add the wine – sizzzzzzle. Add the water, a little at a time, and simmer for another 5-ish minutes until it’s moderately saucy.
  5. SHRIMP: Place the shrimp on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with more salt / pepper. Cook on one side for 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes.
  6. DONE! Serve the saucy, briny, moderately spicy goods over hot steaming rice. Squeeze a lemon or lime over the top to be totally extra.

Wow, this recipe has my taste buds tingling already! 🌶️🍤 I love how the bold flavors of the tomatoes, olives, and capers complement the succulent shrimp perfectly. Can't wait to whip this up for dinner and transport myself to the sunny shores of Veracruz with every bite! 🏖️ Thanks for sharing this tantalizing recipe!

Back