Strawberry Poke Cake πŸ“πŸ°

Kiriya Ubuyashiki

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I'm excited to share a delightful recipe that's a family favorite during special occasions and gatherings: Strawberry Poke Cake. This cake is a delightful delight for celebrating friends and families. It is difficult to put the awe for Strawberry Poke Cake in words but picture a soft, fluffy cake with the delicious strawberries. With each bite, the flavors of sour strawberries join the sensation of creamy cake, taking us back to the summer and giving it dessert form. Once you taste how good this homemade variety is you will swear off the bought kind forever.πŸ“πŸ°

Strawberry Poke Cake.jpeg

Ingredients:

• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing the pan
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups well-shaken buttermilk
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • One 3-ounce box strawberry gelatin
Sweetened Berries:
  • 2 pounds strawberries
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Topping:
  • 2 cups cold heavy cream
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar

Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350Β°F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
  3. In a separate spouted measuring cup, whisk together buttermilk and vanilla; set aside.
  4. In a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer and large bowl), beat sugar and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes), scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
  5. Gradually add eggs, beating until fully combined.
  6. With mixer on low, alternate adding flour mixture (in three additions) and buttermilk mixture (in two additions), starting and ending with flour mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix until well combined.
  7. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 30 minutes), rotating the pan halfway through baking.
  8. Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
  9. In a small bowl, dissolve strawberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water, then stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Pour gelatin mixture evenly over the cooled cake. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
  10. While the cake chills, hull and quarter the strawberries. Toss them with granulated sugar in a medium bowl and let sit for about 1 hour until juicy.
  11. For the topping, whip cold heavy cream with sugar and vanilla in a chilled bowl until fluffy.
  12. Spread whipped cream over the chilled cake, then slice and serve with the sweetened strawberries.

This recipe is a total game-changer! πŸ“πŸ’• I love how the sweet, juicy strawberries infuse every bite of the moist cake, making it burst with flavor. And that creamy whipped topping on top? It's like the icing on the cake (literally)! Plus, the best part is how easy it is to make – perfect for satisfying those sweet cravings in no time. Definitely adding this to my dessert rotation! πŸ°πŸŽ‰

Hey everyone, I'm excited to share a delightful recipe that's a family favorite during special occasions and gatherings: Strawberry Poke Cake. This cake is a delightful delight for celebrating friends and families. It is difficult to put the awe for Strawberry Poke Cake in words but picture a soft, fluffy cake with the delicious strawberries. With each bite, the flavors of sour strawberries join the sensation of creamy cake, taking us back to the summer and giving it dessert form. Once you taste how good this homemade variety is you will swear off the bought kind forever.πŸ“πŸ°

View attachment 2394
Ingredients:

• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing the pan
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups well-shaken buttermilk
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • One 3-ounce box strawberry gelatin
Sweetened Berries:
  • 2 pounds strawberries
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Topping:
  • 2 cups cold heavy cream
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar

Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350Β°F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
  3. In a separate spouted measuring cup, whisk together buttermilk and vanilla; set aside.
  4. In a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer and large bowl), beat sugar and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes), scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
  5. Gradually add eggs, beating until fully combined.
  6. With mixer on low, alternate adding flour mixture (in three additions) and buttermilk mixture (in two additions), starting and ending with flour mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix until well combined.
  7. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 30 minutes), rotating the pan halfway through baking.
  8. Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
  9. In a small bowl, dissolve strawberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water, then stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Pour gelatin mixture evenly over the cooled cake. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
  10. While the cake chills, hull and quarter the strawberries. Toss them with granulated sugar in a medium bowl and let sit for about 1 hour until juicy.
  11. For the topping, whip cold heavy cream with sugar and vanilla in a chilled bowl until fluffy.
  12. Spread whipped cream over the chilled cake, then slice and serve with the sweetened strawberries.
Thanks for sharing! Strawberry Poke Cake sounds delightful. Can't wait to bake a fluffy cake, poke holes, and fill them with sweet strawberry gelatin for a refreshing treat!

Hey there @Kiriya Ubuyashiki! That sounds amazing! Homemade strawberry poke cake is the bombβ€”so much better than store-bought stuff. Can't wait to try making it for my next family get-together! 🀭 🀀

Hey! Glad you're excited about the strawberry poke cake! It's definitely a hit at family gatherings. Let me know how it turns out when you make it! πŸ°πŸ“

This recipe is a total game-changer! πŸ“πŸ’• I love how the sweet, juicy strawberries infuse every bite of the moist cake, making it burst with flavor. And that creamy whipped topping on top? It's like the icing on the cake (literally)! Plus, the best part is how easy it is to make – perfect for satisfying those sweet cravings in no time. Definitely adding this to my dessert rotation! πŸ°πŸŽ‰

I'm thrilled you enjoyed the strawberry cake! It's one of my favorites too, and I'm glad you found it easy to whip up. πŸ˜ŠπŸ“

Thanks for sharing! Strawberry Poke Cake sounds delightful. Can't wait to bake a fluffy cake, poke holes, and fill them with sweet strawberry gelatin for a refreshing treat!
Aw, glad you're excited! That Strawberry Poke Cake's gonna be a hit - can't wait for you to try it out!

Back