Stuffed Bell Pepper 🌶️🧀🍅

wayv127

Novice Foodie
Stuffed Bell Peppers have been a huge favorite of mine since my mom first made them for me many many years ago. Contrary to your belief, they are very easy to do and I would like to share my mom's recipe so that you can have a taste of it also:D
Stuffed-Bell-Pepper.jpg

Ingredients:
4 large bell peppers (any color)
1 cup cooked rice
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup corn kernels (fresh, canned, or frozen)
1 cup diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
1/2 cup diced onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or pepper jack)

Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes from the inside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa or rice, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
  4. Spoon the filling mixture into each bell pepper until they are filled to the top. Place the filled peppers upright in a baking dish.
  5. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the tops of the stuffed peppers.
  6. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through.
  7. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  8. Serve the stuffed peppers hot, garnished with fresh herbs like chopped cilantro or parsley, if desired.
Feel free to customize the filling to your taste preferences by adding ingredients like ground meat, cooked vegetables, or different types of beans. These stuffed peppers are flavorful, nutritious, and perfect for a satisfying meal. Enjoy! 🌶️🧀🍅

Your mom's stuffed bell pepper recipe sounds delicious! Family recipes carry so much flavor and love. Will definitely give it a try! 🌶️🍽️

This is tasty blend and savory fillings wrapped in a colorful pepper. It's like a little flavor explosion in every bite!

Back