Stuffed Capsicum Made Easy!

Angelcake123

Novice Foodie
Hello food lovers! Today, I'm excited to share my recipe for stuffed capsicum that's not just delicious but also easy to make. This is easy, I hope you can follow.

Ingredients:

• 4 large capsicums (bell peppers), any color you prefer
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa or rice
  • 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup corn kernels
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon cumin powder
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust according to your spice preference)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
  • Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
  • Olive oil for cooking
raa.jpg
Instructions:

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and prepare a baking dish by lightly greasing it with olive oil.

Step 2: Wash the capsicums and slice off the tops. Remove the seeds and membranes from the inside, creating a hollow cavity for stuffing. Set aside.

Step 3: In a skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic until they turn translucent and fragrant.

Step 4: Add the cooked quinoa or rice to the skillet, along with black beans, corn kernels, cumin powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well and cook for another 3-4 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.

Step 5: Stuff each capsicum with the quinoa and bean mixture, pressing down gently to fill them evenly. Arrange the stuffed capsicums in the prepared baking dish.

Step 6: Sprinkle shredded cheese generously over the stuffed capsicums, covering them with a delicious layer of cheesy goodness.

Step 7: Place the capsicum tops back on if you like, creating little caps for each stuffed pepper.

Step 8: Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the capsicums are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Step 9: Once done, carefully remove the foil and let the stuffed capsicums cool slightly before serving.

Step 10: Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves for a pop of color and added freshness.

Serve it as a main course for a vegetarian dinner or as a delightful side dish that steals the spotlight. Happy cooking!

I've had the pleasure of enjoying this savory delight before, and let me tell you, it's a flavor-packed experience from the first bite to the last. The tender capsicum stuffed with a savory filling of rice, veggies, and perhaps some protein like ground meat or beans, creates a perfect harmony of textures and flavors.

Stuffed Capsicum Made Easy: finally, a way to turn bell peppers into deliciously stuffed edible vessels without breaking a sweat!

Back