Swedish Meatballs

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a comforting classic: Swedish Meatballs! 🇸🇪🍽️ These tender, flavorful meatballs are smothered in a rich, creamy gravy that's perfect over mashed potatoes or noodles. Let's dive into this delicious recipe! 🍝✨

Ingredients:​

For the Meatballs:
378×379
332.9 kB

1716792997029.png

• 1 lb (450 g) ground beef
  • 1/2 lb (225 g) ground pork
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp ground allspice
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 2 tbsp butter (for frying)
For the Gravy:
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Meatballs:
    • In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the milk and let it soak for a few minutes.
    • In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, soaked breadcrumbs, chopped onion, minced garlic, egg, salt, pepper, allspice, and nutmeg. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly combined.
    • Form the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
  2. Cook the Meatballs:
    • In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the meatballs in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
    • Cook the meatballs until they are browned on all sides and cooked through, about 7-10 minutes. Remove the meatballs from the skillet and set aside.
  3. Make the Gravy:
    • In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter and let it melt.
    • Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1-2 minutes until it turns golden brown.
    • Gradually whisk in the beef broth, ensuring there are no lumps. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
    • Stir in the heavy cream, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    • Return the meatballs to the skillet, coating them in the gravy. Simmer for another 5 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
  4. Serve:
    • Serve the Swedish meatballs hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired. They are traditionally served with mashed potatoes or egg noodles, and a side of lingonberry sauce.
Enjoy your delicious Swedish Meatballs!

Oh wow, Swedish Meatballs are the ultimate comfort food! 😋 I love how tender and flavorful they are, especially with that creamy gravy. It's making my mouth water just reading the recipe! 🤤

Swedish meatballs are a classic comfort food! Can't resist those savory bites smothered in creamy gravy. 😋 Thanks for sharing your recipe – definitely giving this a try for dinner tonight!

Thanks for sharing your Swedish Meatballs recipe! 🧆🇸🇪 It sounds absolutely delicious and comforting. I love the idea of those savory meatballs smothered in creamy sauce. Do you have any tips for getting the perfect texture on the meatballs or any special ingredients that make your version stand out? Also, what do you usually serve them with? Can't wait to try this classic dish! 😊🍽️

Back