Sweet Bean Sauce (Jiangbao) Chicken Recipe 🍗✨

beni

Tasty Apprentice
Sweet Bean Sauce (Jiangbao) Chicken.jpg
The autumn breeze always brings back sweet memories of cozy family dinners, where I first fell in love with Sweet Bean Sauce Chicken and hazelnut meringue. The combination of the sweet and salty flavors really stuck with me, and now I'm motivated to make that cozy meal again, but with my own unique twist. Eerily reminiscent of Peking Duck (北京烤鸭 běi jīng kɎo yā) sauce, this dish has an irresistibly sweet taste. Jiangbao sauce, a famous sweet bean paste flavoring from northern China, is used to make it. ε(´。•᎑•`)っ 💕

Servings: 2
Ingredients:
  • Chicken thighs 500g​
  • Cucumber 175g​
  • Ginger 4g​
  • Garlic 6g​
  • Spring onion 19g​
  • Salt 2g​
  • Chinese cooking wine ¼ teaspoon​
  • Corn starch 1 tablespoon​
  • Water 2 teaspoon​
  • Sauce​
  • Bean paste ½ tablespoon​
  • Oyster sauce ½ tablespoon​
  • Peking Duck sauce 2 tablespoon​
Instructions:
  1. Dice the chicken thighs into roughly 3cm cubes.​
  2. Add ¼ tsp Chinese cooking wine, 2g salt, 1 tbsp corn starch and 2 tsp water to the diced chicken thighs, massage well and set it aside to marinate for 15 mins.​
  3. Finely cut 4g ginger and 6g garlic together with 19g spring onions.​
  4. Dice 175g cucumber into 2-3 cm cubes, similar size or slightly smaller than the chicken thighs.​
  5. Add ½ tbsp bean paste, ½ tbsp oyster sauce and 2 tbsp Peking Duck sauce in a container, mix well, set it aside.​
  6. Heat up a cooking wok, add 5 tbsp vegetable oil, wait for the oil to heat up.​
  7. Add the marinated chicken thighs in, and quickly stir until they are visibly cooked.​
  8. Drain the excess oil and leave the chicken thighs in a container.​
  9. Add 1 tbsp oil in a clean wok, wait for it to heat up.​
  10. Add the finely chopped spring onion, garlic and ginger mix, stir fry.​
  11. Reduce the heat to low, gently pour in the mixed sauce, and keep stirring to thicken the sauce.​
  12. Increase the heat, put the cooked chicken thighs into the sauce, and stir to make sure every chicken cube is coated with sauce evenly.​
  13. Add the diced cucumber, mix well and cook for 20 secs.​
  14. Plate and serve with rice.​

View attachment 2971The autumn breeze always brings back sweet memories of cozy family dinners, where I first fell in love with Sweet Bean Sauce Chicken and hazelnut meringue. The combination of the sweet and salty flavors really stuck with me, and now I'm motivated to make that cozy meal again, but with my own unique twist. Eerily reminiscent of Peking Duck (北京烤鸭 běi jīng kɎo yā) sauce, this dish has an irresistibly sweet taste. Jiangbao sauce, a famous sweet bean paste flavoring from northern China, is used to make it. ε(´。•᎑•`)っ 💕

Servings: 2
Ingredients:
  • Chicken thighs 500g​
  • Cucumber 175g​
  • Ginger 4g​
  • Garlic 6g​
  • Spring onion 19g​
  • Salt 2g​
  • Chinese cooking wine ¼ teaspoon​
  • Corn starch 1 tablespoon​
  • Water 2 teaspoon​
  • Sauce​
  • Bean paste ½ tablespoon​
  • Oyster sauce ½ tablespoon​
  • Peking Duck sauce 2 tablespoon​
Instructions:
  1. Dice the chicken thighs into roughly 3cm cubes.​
  2. Add ¼ tsp Chinese cooking wine, 2g salt, 1 tbsp corn starch and 2 tsp water to the diced chicken thighs, massage well and set it aside to marinate for 15 mins.​
  3. Finely cut 4g ginger and 6g garlic together with 19g spring onions.​
  4. Dice 175g cucumber into 2-3 cm cubes, similar size or slightly smaller than the chicken thighs.​
  5. Add ½ tbsp bean paste, ½ tbsp oyster sauce and 2 tbsp Peking Duck sauce in a container, mix well, set it aside.​
  6. Heat up a cooking wok, add 5 tbsp vegetable oil, wait for the oil to heat up.​
  7. Add the marinated chicken thighs in, and quickly stir until they are visibly cooked.​
  8. Drain the excess oil and leave the chicken thighs in a container.​
  9. Add 1 tbsp oil in a clean wok, wait for it to heat up.​
  10. Add the finely chopped spring onion, garlic and ginger mix, stir fry.​
  11. Reduce the heat to low, gently pour in the mixed sauce, and keep stirring to thicken the sauce.​
  12. Increase the heat, put the cooked chicken thighs into the sauce, and stir to make sure every chicken cube is coated with sauce evenly.​
  13. Add the diced cucumber, mix well and cook for 20 secs.​
  14. Plate and serve with rice.​
This Sweet Bean Sauce Chicken recipe sounds intriguing! I've never tried using sweet bean sauce in a chicken dish before. Excited to give it a shot and see how the flavors come together. Thanks for sharing!

Sweet Bean Sauce (Jiangbao) Chicken Recipe? Sounds like a flavor explosion waiting to happen! Can't wait to try this unique twist on chicken. Thanks for sharing the recipe inspo! 🤩👩‍🍳

Sweet Bean Sauce (Jiangbao) Chicken Recipe? Sounds like a flavor explosion waiting to happen! Can't wait to try this unique twist on chicken. Thanks for sharing the recipe inspo! 🤩👩‍🍳
I'm thrilled you're excited about the Sweet Bean Sauce Chicken recipe! It truly is a flavor explosion waiting to happen. Let me know how your twist turns out—I'm curious to hear your culinary adventure! 🍗👨‍🍳

Back