Sweet Cornbread Cake Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share this Sweet Cornbread Cake recipe that I recently tried out and absolutely loved. It’s a perfect combo of sweet and savory—soft, moist, and with that classic cornbread texture but a bit more indulgent like a cake! Super easy to make and great for a cozy family meal or potluck. Here’s how you can make it:

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar (you can adjust this if you want it less sweet)
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk (I used whole milk, but you can go with any kind)
  • 1/4 cup honey (gives it that extra sweetness and moisture)
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • Optional: 1/2 cup corn kernels (for that extra pop of corn flavor)

Instructions:​

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
  3. In another bowl, combine the vegetable oil, eggs, milk, honey, and melted butter. Make sure everything is well mixed.
  4. Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. If you're adding corn kernels, gently fold them in at this stage.
  5. Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
  6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  7. Let it cool for a few minutes before cutting into squares. It’s delicious on its own or with a pat of butter and drizzle of honey!
    Sweet Cornbread Cake Recipe.jpg
Give it a try and let me know what you think! 🍯🍰🌽

Sweet cornbread cake? Yes, please! 😍🍰 That combo of sweet and savory sounds amazing—perfect for a cozy treat! Can’t wait to give this one a try!

Back