• 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded
  • 1 large green bell peppers, seeded
  • 2 tablespoons kosher salt
  • 1 cup cider vinegar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons mustard seed
  • 2 teaspoons celery seed

Directions​

1. Grate the cucumbers using the grating disc in a food processor, or the medium-sized holes on a box grater. Use the steel blade of the food processor to pulse cucumbers until finely chopped. Repeat with onions and peppers.
  2. Place chopped cucumbers, onions, and peppers in a medium bowl and mix in salt. Cover and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
  3. Pour vegetable mixture out into fine mesh strainer. Rinse under cold water and strain, pushing the vegetables against the side of the strainer using a rubber spatula to remove as much water as possible.
  4. In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, and celery seed to a boil over medium high heat, stirring to dissolve to sugar. Add vegetable mixture, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  5. Let cool to room temperature, transfer relish to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator .

Sweet Cucumber Relish? 🥒🍯 Count me in! Such a fresh take on a classic condiment. I bet it's the perfect tangy-sweet topping for hot dogs or burgers. Can't wait to give this a try at my next barbecue! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Sweet cucumber relish? 🥒🍯 A tangy and refreshing condiment made with crisp cucumbers, onions, and a sweet and tangy vinegar-based dressing - perfect for adding a burst of flavor to hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches, and more!

Back