Taiwanese Fried Wings 2 Ways

DreamingPilgrim

Novice Foodie
Hey folks! Any fried chicken lovers up for trying something new? I've got a recipe with a unique flavor kick that's different from the usual. Give it a shot and let me know what you think! It's sure to spice up your taste buds.

CHICKEN WINGS & MARINADE
taiwanese fried chicken.jpg

• 1.5 lb of Chicken Wings and Drumettes
  • 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • Salt and pepper to season
  • 2.5 tbsp of minced Garlic

AIR FRYER BATTER​

• 1 Egg
  • 4 tbsp of Corn Starch
  • ¼ cup of Ice Cold Soda Water
  • 1.5 cup of Tapioca Starch

DEEP FRY BATTER​

• DEEP FRY VERSION:
    1. Add in cornstarch, egg, and ice-cold soda water to the marinated chicken wings. Mix and let it rest for 7-10 minutes.
    2. In a pan, add oil to fry. Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken wings and fry for 6-7 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and crispy.
    3. OPTIONAL: turn the heat up to high, and double fry for another 1 minute to make it extra crispy!
    4. Coat the chicken with a generous amount of green sauce and enjoy!
  • AIR FRY VERSION:
    1. Add in cornstarch, egg, and ice-cold soda water to the marinated chicken wings. Mix and let it rest for *20 minutes*
    2. Coat the chicken in tapioca starch, and let it rest for another 5 minutes.
    3. Preheat the air-fryer to 350F for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, spray the air fryer to prevent the chicken from sticking, and add in the chicken.
    4. Spray some oil on top of the chicken (optional), and fry at 350F for 15 minutes.
    5. Coat the chicken with a gernous amount of green sauce and enjoy!

Those Taiwanese fried wings must be a real treat! How did they turn out? Did you prefer one way over the other? 🍗🍗

Taiwanese Fried Wings 2 Ways? 🍗🔥 Now, that's what I call wing perfection! 😋 Whether you're craving classic flavors or something a bit more adventurous, this recipe has got you covered. Can't wait to fry up a batch and enjoy the crispy, flavorful goodness. Thanks for sharing this tasty twist on a classic favorite!

Hey folks! Any fried chicken lovers up for trying something new? I've got a recipe with a unique flavor kick that's different from the usual. Give it a shot and let me know what you think! It's sure to spice up your taste buds.

CHICKEN WINGS & MARINADEView attachment 1925
  • 1.5 lb of Chicken Wings and Drumettes
  • 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • Salt and pepper to season
  • 2.5 tbsp of minced Garlic

AIR FRYER BATTER​

• 1 Egg
  • 4 tbsp of Corn Starch
  • ¼ cup of Ice Cold Soda Water
  • 1.5 cup of Tapioca Starch

DEEP FRY BATTER​

• DEEP FRY VERSION:
    1. Add in cornstarch, egg, and ice-cold soda water to the marinated chicken wings. Mix and let it rest for 7-10 minutes.
    2. In a pan, add oil to fry. Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken wings and fry for 6-7 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and crispy.
    3. OPTIONAL: turn the heat up to high, and double fry for another 1 minute to make it extra crispy!
    4. Coat the chicken with a generous amount of green sauce and enjoy!
  • AIR FRY VERSION:
    1. Add in cornstarch, egg, and ice-cold soda water to the marinated chicken wings. Mix and let it rest for *20 minutes*
    2. Coat the chicken in tapioca starch, and let it rest for another 5 minutes.
    3. Preheat the air-fryer to 350F for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, spray the air fryer to prevent the chicken from sticking, and add in the chicken.
    4. Spray some oil on top of the chicken (optional), and fry at 350F for 15 minutes.
    5. Coat the chicken with a gernous amount of green sauce and enjoy!

For Taiwanese Fried Wings, you can try two variations: classic salt and pepper wings or sweet and spicy glazed wings. Both are delicious options that offer different flavor profiles to suit your preferences!

Back