Tandoori Chicken

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
What's up there! Craving something bold and flavorful? Try out this mouthwatering Tandoori Chicken recipe! 🍗 With its aromatic spices and juicy marinade, it's a total game-changer for your taste buds. Just imagine the sizzle of those chicken thighs under the broiler, and that tantalizing aroma filling your kitchen! 😋 Plus, it's super easy to whip up – perfect for a weeknight dinner or weekend feast. Don't forget to drizzle on that delicious sauce for an extra pop of flavor! Trust me, your dinner guests will be begging for seconds. Let's spice things up in the kitchen! 💃

Tandoori Chicken

Tandoori Chicken (1).jpg

Ingredients:

• 5 cloves
  • 2 dried guajillo chiles (substitute: 2 chiles de arbol + extra paprika for color)
  • 2 green cardamom pods, seeds retained (husks discarded)
  • 1 black cardamom pod, seeds retained (husk discarded)
  • 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
  • 1 cup whole fat plain yogurt
  • 1/4 cup peanut or canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons malt vinegar or lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • Pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 8 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2-inch thumb ginger, peeled and minced
  • 1 packet boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Few extra limes, for garnish
Directions:

1. Begin by toasting cloves, dried chiles, both types of cardamom seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, and fenugreek seeds in a cast-iron skillet until fragrant, for about 3 minutes. Transfer the toasted spices into a spice grinder and grind them until you achieve a fine powder.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the ground spice mixture with yogurt, oil, malt vinegar (or lime juice), salt, ground cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, minced garlic, and minced ginger until well combined. Adjust seasoning with more salt if necessary. The aroma should be delightful!
  3. Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade for later use; this will be used to make a sauce. Prick the chicken thighs with a fork, then add them to the remaining marinade, ensuring each thigh is well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight.
  4. When ready to cook, preheat your broiler and line a baking sheet with foil. Place each marinated chicken thigh on the baking sheet, ensuring they're coated with marinade but not swimming in it. Broil the chicken thighs until they start to blacken, approximately 5 minutes. Then, turn the oven to 350°F and continue cooking until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 160°F, about 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven.
  5. While the chicken is cooking, combine the reserved marinade with 1/2 cup of water and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat, whisking constantly. Taste and season the sauce with salt and pepper as needed. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl or gravy boat for serving.
  6. Serve the cooked chicken thighs on a platter, garnished with a fresh squeeze of lime and a drizzle of the prepared sauce. Enjoy your flavorful Tandoori Chicken!

PS: Guys, I just made this Tandoori Chicken recipe and oh my, it's a flavor bomb! 🚀 Seriously, the spices, the marinade, everything just blends so perfectly. 😍 Plus, it's not too complicated to make – even for us busy folks. Give it a shot and let me know what you think! 🍽️ It's become my go-to dish for impressing guests or just treating myself to something special. Bon appétit, everyone!

Thanks for sharing your Tandoori Chicken recipe! The combination of aromatic spices and tangy yogurt marinade sounds absolutely delicious. Definitely adding this to my must-try list! :)

What's up there! Craving something bold and flavorful? Try out this mouthwatering Tandoori Chicken recipe! 🍗 With its aromatic spices and juicy marinade, it's a total game-changer for your taste buds. Just imagine the sizzle of those chicken thighs under the broiler, and that tantalizing aroma filling your kitchen! 😋 Plus, it's super easy to whip up – perfect for a weeknight dinner or weekend feast. Don't forget to drizzle on that delicious sauce for an extra pop of flavor! Trust me, your dinner guests will be begging for seconds. Let's spice things up in the kitchen! 💃

Tandoori Chicken

View attachment 3685

Ingredients:

• 5 cloves
  • 2 dried guajillo chiles (substitute: 2 chiles de arbol + extra paprika for color)
  • 2 green cardamom pods, seeds retained (husks discarded)
  • 1 black cardamom pod, seeds retained (husk discarded)
  • 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
  • 1 cup whole fat plain yogurt
  • 1/4 cup peanut or canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons malt vinegar or lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • Pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 8 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2-inch thumb ginger, peeled and minced
  • 1 packet boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Few extra limes, for garnish
Directions:

1. Begin by toasting cloves, dried chiles, both types of cardamom seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, and fenugreek seeds in a cast-iron skillet until fragrant, for about 3 minutes. Transfer the toasted spices into a spice grinder and grind them until you achieve a fine powder.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the ground spice mixture with yogurt, oil, malt vinegar (or lime juice), salt, ground cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, minced garlic, and minced ginger until well combined. Adjust seasoning with more salt if necessary. The aroma should be delightful!
  3. Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade for later use; this will be used to make a sauce. Prick the chicken thighs with a fork, then add them to the remaining marinade, ensuring each thigh is well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight.
  4. When ready to cook, preheat your broiler and line a baking sheet with foil. Place each marinated chicken thigh on the baking sheet, ensuring they're coated with marinade but not swimming in it. Broil the chicken thighs until they start to blacken, approximately 5 minutes. Then, turn the oven to 350°F and continue cooking until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 160°F, about 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven.
  5. While the chicken is cooking, combine the reserved marinade with 1/2 cup of water and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat, whisking constantly. Taste and season the sauce with salt and pepper as needed. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl or gravy boat for serving.
  6. Serve the cooked chicken thighs on a platter, garnished with a fresh squeeze of lime and a drizzle of the prepared sauce. Enjoy your flavorful Tandoori Chicken!

PS: Guys, I just made this Tandoori Chicken recipe and oh my, it's a flavor bomb! 🚀 Seriously, the spices, the marinade, everything just blends so perfectly. 😍 Plus, it's not too complicated to make – even for us busy folks. Give it a shot and let me know what you think! 🍽️ It's become my go-to dish for impressing guests or just treating myself to something special. Bon appétit, everyone!
This tandoori chicken recipe looks fantastic! Has anyone tried grilling it over charcoal for that authentic smoky flavor? Can't wait to make this for a flavorful dinner! 🍗🔥🌶️

🍗 Just grilled up some tandoori chicken and the flavors are out of this world! Juicy, spicy, and perfect for a taste of India at home! 🇮🇳🔥

Back