Tavë Kosi

Bellenjay

Novice Foodie
Growing up in Albania, one of my favorite morning meals is "Tavë Kosi," a delightful and substantial baked dish comprised of soft lamb, creamy yogurt, and aromatic spices. It's a comforting and gratifying supper that's ideal for getting the day started on a tasty note.

Tavë Kosi.png
Ingredients:

• 500g lamb meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 500g plain yogurt
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons rice
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley for garnish
Procedure:

1. Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, and flour until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the lamb pieces and minced garlic, and cook until the meat is browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
  4. Transfer the browned lamb to a baking dish and spread it out evenly.
  5. Sprinkle the rice over the lamb in the baking dish.
  6. Pour the yogurt mixture over the lamb and rice, ensuring it covers the meat evenly.
  7. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
  8. After 1 hour, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and slightly crispy.
  9. Once done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
  10. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm.
Tavë Kosi is a delicious morning dish that works well with crusty bread or a simple salad. It's a taste of Albania that's sure to satisfy your palate! Enjoy! 🇦🇱🍳

It's incredible how food can bring back cherished memories from our childhood. Thanks for introducing us to this special dish - I can't wait to give it a try! 🍽️🌟

Heyy! It such a delicious and hearty dish, perfect for starting the day off right. I can't wait to try this tomorrow

Back