Teriyaki Beef And Rice Recipe

Oniokitty

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I just tried out this super tasty Teriyaki Beef and Rice recipe, and I had to share it with you all. It’s one of those dishes that’s super satisfying but doesn’t take forever to make. Perfect for a weeknight dinner when you want something yummy without all the fuss. 🍛

Ingredients:

• 1 lb (450g) beef (I used flank steak, but any tender cut works)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar (or honey if you prefer)
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp ginger, minced
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch (optional, for thickening)
  • 2 tbsp water (to mix with cornstarch)
  • Cooked white rice (enough for 4 servings)
  • Green onions, sliced (for garnish)
  • Sesame seeds (for garnish)
  • A little oil for cooking
Instructions:

1. Slice the beef into thin strips. If you can, try to slice against the grain—it makes the meat more tender.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger. This is your teriyaki sauce. It’s simple but so good!
  3. Heat a little oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the beef strips in batches (you don’t want to overcrowd the pan). Sear until browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
  4. Once all the beef is cooked, add it all back to the pan and pour in the teriyaki sauce. Let it simmer for a few minutes until the sauce starts to thicken up. If you like it extra thick, mix the cornstarch and water together and stir it into the sauce.
  5. Serve the teriyaki beef over a bed of warm rice, and sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds for a little extra flair.
    Teriyaki Beef And Rice Recipe.jpg
That’s it! It’s really simple but hits the spot every time. Let me know if you try it out or if you’ve got any tweaks—I’m always up for improving recipes! 😋

This looks amazing! 😍 The teriyaki sauce must add such a delicious kick to the beef. Can’t wait to try this recipe—it’s perfect for a quick and tasty dinner!

Back