Tex-Mex Inspired Chicken Fajita Quesadillas

asaproque

Culinary Explorer
Howdy, flavor seekers! Prepare to tantalize your taste buds with a Tex-Mex twist in these Chicken Fajita Quesadillas. This fusion dish brings together the sizzling flavors of Texan chicken fajitas and the cheesy goodness of quesadillas for a mouthwatering culinary experience. With tender chicken, colorful bell peppers, onions, gooey cheese, and zesty salsa, each bite is a fiesta of flavors. Let's dive in and whip up these delicious quesadillas that are sure to become a family favorite!
BFV6111_Chicken_Fajita_Quesadillas_FB1080SQ.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Chicken Fajita Filling:

• 1 pound chicken breast, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced (any color)
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the Quesadillas:

• 4 large flour tortillas
  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, for serving
Instructions:

1. In a bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to make the fajita seasoning.
  2. Season the thinly sliced chicken breast with half of the fajita seasoning, tossing to coat evenly.
  3. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken slices to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked through and browned. Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet and set aside.
  4. In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the sliced bell peppers and onions to the skillet, along with the remaining fajita seasoning. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized.
  5. Return the cooked chicken to the skillet with the vegetables and toss to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
  6. To assemble the quesadillas, place a large flour tortilla on a clean surface. Sprinkle a layer of shredded Monterey Jack cheese over half of the tortilla.
  7. Spoon a generous portion of the chicken fajita filling over the cheese layer.
  8. Top with another layer of shredded cheese and fold the tortilla in half to enclose the filling.
  9. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place the assembled quesadilla in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
  10. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
  11. Once cooked, remove the quesadillas from the skillet and let them cool slightly before slicing into wedges.
  12. Serve the Chicken Fajita Quesadillas hot, with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole on the side for dipping.
  13. Enjoy your Tex-Mex Inspired Chicken Fajita Quesadillas, packed with sizzling flavors and cheesy goodness in every bite!
With their sizzling chicken fajita filling, gooey melted cheese, and crispy tortilla exterior, these Tex-Mex Inspired Chicken Fajita Quesadillas are sure to be a hit at your next fiesta or family dinner. Whether you're craving a quick and satisfying meal or looking to impress your guests, these quesadillas are guaranteed to deliver a flavor-packed punch that will leave everyone wanting more. So grab your skillet and get ready to enjoy a taste of Tex-Mex heaven!

Howdy, flavor seekers! Prepare to tantalize your taste buds with a Tex-Mex twist in these Chicken Fajita Quesadillas. This fusion dish brings together the sizzling flavors of Texan chicken fajitas and the cheesy goodness of quesadillas for a mouthwatering culinary experience. With tender chicken, colorful bell peppers, onions, gooey cheese, and zesty salsa, each bite is a fiesta of flavors. Let's dive in and whip up these delicious quesadillas that are sure to become a family favorite!
BFV6111_Chicken_Fajita_Quesadillas_FB1080SQ.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Chicken Fajita Filling:

• 1 pound chicken breast, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced (any color)
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the Quesadillas:

• 4 large flour tortillas
  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, for serving
Instructions:

1. In a bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to make the fajita seasoning.
  2. Season the thinly sliced chicken breast with half of the fajita seasoning, tossing to coat evenly.
  3. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken slices to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked through and browned. Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet and set aside.
  4. In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the sliced bell peppers and onions to the skillet, along with the remaining fajita seasoning. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized.
  5. Return the cooked chicken to the skillet with the vegetables and toss to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
  6. To assemble the quesadillas, place a large flour tortilla on a clean surface. Sprinkle a layer of shredded Monterey Jack cheese over half of the tortilla.
  7. Spoon a generous portion of the chicken fajita filling over the cheese layer.
  8. Top with another layer of shredded cheese and fold the tortilla in half to enclose the filling.
  9. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place the assembled quesadilla in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
  10. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
  11. Once cooked, remove the quesadillas from the skillet and let them cool slightly before slicing into wedges.
  12. Serve the Chicken Fajita Quesadillas hot, with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole on the side for dipping.
  13. Enjoy your Tex-Mex Inspired Chicken Fajita Quesadillas, packed with sizzling flavors and cheesy goodness in every bite!
With their sizzling chicken fajita filling, gooey melted cheese, and crispy tortilla exterior, these Tex-Mex Inspired Chicken Fajita Quesadillas are sure to be a hit at your next fiesta or family dinner. Whether you're craving a quick and satisfying meal or looking to impress your guests, these quesadillas are guaranteed to deliver a flavor-packed punch that will leave everyone wanting more. So grab your skillet and get ready to enjoy a taste of Tex-Mex heaven!

These Chicken Fajita Quesadillas sound like the ultimate flavor explosion! I love how they blend Texan fajita goodness with cheesy quesadilla perfection. Can't wait to try these out for a fiesta night with friends – they're sure to be a hit!

Sounds so delicious! And I really love any flavors of qusadillas especially when its cheesy. This recipe doesn't have any cheese but I will add cheese for a cheesy and creamy taste and I think that would be more delicious! 👌😋

This sounds absolutely mouthwatering! 🌶️🧀 I love how the tender chicken, vibrant bell peppers, onions, and gooey cheese come together to create a flavor fiesta in every bite. This recipe is definitely going on my must-try list for our next family dinner. Thanks for sharing this Tex-Mex delight! 🎉🍽️

Wow, your Tex-Mex Inspired Chicken Fajita Quesadillas recipe sounds absolutely mouthwatering! The combination of tender chicken, flavorful fajita veggies, gooey cheese, and crispy tortillas is making my taste buds dance with excitement. I can already imagine the delicious aroma wafting through the kitchen as these quesadillas cook to perfection. Thanks so much for sharing this amazing recipe with us. I can't wait to give it a try and add some Tex-Mex flair to my next meal!

Back