The Most Amazing Chicken Kale Salad šŸ„—

Kiriya Ubuyashiki

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, food lovers! Yesterday morning, I finally tried this Chicken Kale Salad recipe that I've been hearing about, and let me tell youā€”it was a total game changer! It's packed with flavor, super filling, and the perfect mix of textures. I loved how fresh and vibrant it tasted, especially with the burst tomatoes and crispy chickpeas. Youā€™ve gotta give this a go!

The most amazing Chicken Kale Salad.jpg
Ingredients:

For the Kale:

• 5 cups tightly packed Tuscan kale (cavolo nero), leaves stripped from the stems and sliced into Ā½-inch ribbons
  • 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
  • Ā¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
For the Salad:
  • Ā¼ red onion, finely sliced
  • 1Ā½ cups shredded cooked chicken (store-bought or poached)
  • 2 soft-boiled eggs, halved (optional)
For the Burst Tomatoes:
  • 1Ā½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes
  • 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
  • Ā¼ teaspoon cooking salt or kosher salt
  • ā…› teaspoon black pepper
For the Crispy Seasoned Chickpeas:
  • 14 oz can of chickpeas, drained (donā€™t dry them)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Ā½ teaspoon smoked paprika
  • Ā¼ teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder
  • Ā¼ teaspoon each of cooking salt or kosher salt and black pepper
For the Creamy Parmesan Tahini Dressing:
  • 4 tablespoons tahini
  • 2Ā½ tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • ā…“ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (pack it tightly), plus extra for serving
  • Ā½ teaspoon cooking salt or kosher salt
  • 1 large garlic clove, peeled
  • 4 tablespoons water (add more if needed)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 425Ā°F (200Ā°C).
  2. Roast the tomatoes: Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a baking tray. Roast for about 12 minutes and then let them cool.
  3. Crispy chickpeas: Drain the chickpeas and spread them on a baking tray (they should still be a bit wet). Bake for 10 minutes, then push them to one side of the tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on the spices, salt, and pepper. Toss them well, then return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes until they're crispy. You want them to make a clattering sound!
  4. Soften the kale: In a large bowl, massage the kale with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Let it sit for about 20 minutes to soften up.
  5. Make the tahini dressing: In a jug, combine the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic clove. Blitz with a stick blender until smooth, adding extra water if needed to get a thick but pourable consistency.
  6. Toss the salad: Pour half the dressing over the kale and toss it well. Add the onion, chicken, and most of the roasted tomatoes (save a few for topping). Toss again to combine.
  7. Serve it up: Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or individual bowls. Top with the remaining tomatoes, crispy chickpeas, and the soft-boiled eggs if you're using them. Drizzle with the rest of the dressing and sprinkle on some extra Parmesan.
DIG IN and enjoy this colorful, delicious salad! šŸ„—šŸ’š

Hey there, food lovers! Yesterday morning, I finally tried this Chicken Kale Salad recipe that I've been hearing about, and let me tell youā€”it was a total game changer! It's packed with flavor, super filling, and the perfect mix of textures. I loved how fresh and vibrant it tasted, especially with the burst tomatoes and crispy chickpeas. Youā€™ve gotta give this a go!

View attachment 6382Ingredients:

For the Kale:

• 5 cups tightly packed Tuscan kale (cavolo nero), leaves stripped from the stems and sliced into Ā½-inch ribbons
  • 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
  • Ā¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
For the Salad:
  • Ā¼ red onion, finely sliced
  • 1Ā½ cups shredded cooked chicken (store-bought or poached)
  • 2 soft-boiled eggs, halved (optional)
For the Burst Tomatoes:
  • 1Ā½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes
  • 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
  • Ā¼ teaspoon cooking salt or kosher salt
For the Crispy Seasoned Chickpeas:
  • 14 oz can of chickpeas, drained (donā€™t dry them)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Ā½ teaspoon smoked paprika
  • Ā¼ teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder
  • Ā¼ teaspoon each of cooking salt or kosher salt and black pepper
For the Creamy Parmesan Tahini Dressing:
  • 4 tablespoons tahini
  • 2Ā½ tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • ā…“ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (pack it tightly), plus extra for serving
  • Ā½ teaspoon cooking salt or kosher salt
  • 1 large garlic clove, peeled
  • 4 tablespoons water (add more if needed)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 425Ā°F (200Ā°C).
  2. Roast the tomatoes: Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a baking tray. Roast for about 12 minutes and then let them cool.
  3. Crispy chickpeas: Drain the chickpeas and spread them on a baking tray (they should still be a bit wet). Bake for 10 minutes, then push them to one side of the tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on the spices, salt, and pepper. Toss them well, then return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes until they're crispy. You want them to make a clattering sound!
  4. Soften the kale: In a large bowl, massage the kale with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Let it sit for about 20 minutes to soften up.
  5. Make the tahini dressing: In a jug, combine the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic clove. Blitz with a stick blender until smooth, adding extra water if needed to get a thick but pourable consistency.
  6. Toss the salad: Pour half the dressing over the kale and toss it well. Add the onion, chicken, and most of the roasted tomatoes (save a few for topping). Toss again to combine.
  7. Serve it up: Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or individual bowls. Top with the remaining tomatoes, crispy chickpeas, and the soft-boiled eggs if you're using them. Drizzle with the rest of the dressing and sprinkle on some extra Parmesan.
DIG IN and enjoy this colorful, delicious salad! šŸ„—šŸ’š
The Most Amazing Chicken Kale Salad looks so fresh and vibrant! I love how packed it is with healthy ingredients that make it a perfect meal. The combination of chicken and kale is so tasty, and I can already imagine the flavors coming together. I canā€™t wait to try making this salad for a healthy lunch! šŸ„—āœØ

Back