Tiramisu Recipe for Kids!

Annie_girl

Novice Foodie
Hello dessert lovers!

Last night I came up with a recipe that my kids really loved and they keep wanting for more. Although this recipe often contains ingredients like coffee that may not be suitable for kids, but fear not! Let me share this to you all as I am sure that your kids will like it too. Here it is, Tiramisu for kids.

Healthy-Tiramisu-3.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 package (about 7 ounces) ladyfinger cookies (savoiardi)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup mascarpone cheese
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
  • Optional: colorful sprinkles for decoration
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Ladyfingers:
    • In a shallow dish, pour the milk and add the vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
    • Dip each ladyfinger into the milk mixture briefly, ensuring they are soaked but not overly soggy.
  2. Make the Mascarpone Cream:
    • In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
    • Add the mascarpone cheese to the whipped cream and gently fold until smooth and creamy.
  3. Assemble the Tiramisu Cups:
    • Take small cups or dessert glasses suitable for kids.
    • Break the soaked ladyfingers into small pieces and place a layer of them at the bottom of each cup.
    • Spoon a dollop of the mascarpone cream mixture over the ladyfingers, spreading it evenly.
  4. Repeat Layers:
    • Add another layer of soaked ladyfingers on top of the cream.
    • Top with more mascarpone cream, creating a second layer.
  5. Chill and Decorate:
    • Cover the cups with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld and the dessert to set.
    • Before serving, dust the tops with unsweetened cocoa powder using a fine-mesh sieve.
    • Optionally, decorate with colorful sprinkles for a fun and inviting look that kids will love.
  6. Enjoy:
    • Serve the chilled tiramisu cups to your little ones and watch them delight in this kid-friendly version of a classic dessert.
    • Encourage them to savor each creamy bite and enjoy the playful presentation.
Tips:
  • Adjust the sweetness by adding more or less powdered sugar to the mascarpone cream mixture, depending on your kids' taste preferences.
It's a perfect treat for birthdays, family gatherings, or simply as a special sweet indulgence. Get ready to create lasting memories with this delightful twist on tiramisu!

Back