Tomato Chicken Stew 🍅♨️

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
I got a craving for chicken and vegetables last night, and maybe beans, so I looked up a bunch of recipes for Tuscan stew, chicken Parmesan, chicken Parmigiano, etc. None of them quite rocked my boat. I decided to do away with the beans because I want to save my tins of white beans for the cassoulet that I will make whenever I have a week clear to eat it all. So I decided just to make a tomato chicken stew! Also wanna share this recipe for those who are interested to try 😋

Ingredients:
Tomato Chicken Stew.jpg

• 1 pound chicken, diced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1 bunch basil, chopped
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • Grated cheese (optional)
  • Crusty bread, for serving
Instructions:
  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add diced chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
  • In the same skillet, reduce heat to low and add butter. Cook mushrooms until softened, about 5 minutes.
  • Add chopped red bell pepper to the skillet and cook until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
  • Return the cooked chicken to the skillet.
  • Stir in diced tomatoes and chopped basil. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
  • Allow the stew to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and flavors are well combined.
  • If desired, sprinkle grated cheese over the stew before serving.
  • Serve hot with crusty bread.
Enjoy your Tomato Chicken Stew!

I love how simple yet flavorful this recipe is! The combination of juicy chicken, earthy mushrooms, and tangy tomatoes is making my mouth water. Definitely adding this to my dinner rotation! 😋

That sounds like the perfect comfort food for chilly evenings! Are you planning to use fresh tomatoes or canned ones for your stew? Also, do you have any special herbs or spices you like to add to enhance the flavor? I'm eager to hear all about this recipe coz im planning to make one soon

That sounds like the perfect comfort food for chilly evenings! Are you planning to use fresh tomatoes or canned ones for your stew? Also, do you have any special herbs or spices you like to add to enhance the flavor? I'm eager to hear all about this recipe coz im planning to make one soon
I usually opt for canned tomatoes for convenience and consistent flavor in this stew. As for herbs and spices, I love to add a sprinkle of dried oregano and a pinch of red pepper flakes for some extra depth and warmth. It really enhances the flavor. Let me know how your stew turns out—I'm sure it'll be a delightful meal for you to enjoy! 😊🍅🌿

I got a craving for chicken and vegetables last night, and maybe beans, so I looked up a bunch of recipes for Tuscan stew, chicken Parmesan, chicken Parmigiano, etc. None of them quite rocked my boat. I decided to do away with the beans because I want to save my tins of white beans for the cassoulet that I will make whenever I have a week clear to eat it all. So I decided just to make a tomato chicken stew! Also wanna share this recipe for those who are interested to try 😋

Ingredients:View attachment 1086
  • 1 pound chicken, diced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1 bunch basil, chopped
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • Grated cheese (optional)
  • Crusty bread, for serving
Instructions:
  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add diced chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
  • In the same skillet, reduce heat to low and add butter. Cook mushrooms until softened, about 5 minutes.
  • Add chopped red bell pepper to the skillet and cook until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
  • Return the cooked chicken to the skillet.
  • Stir in diced tomatoes and chopped basil. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
  • Allow the stew to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and flavors are well combined.
  • If desired, sprinkle grated cheese over the stew before serving.
  • Serve hot with crusty bread.
Enjoy your Tomato Chicken Stew!
I am really interested in something I've never tried before. And this is perfect to try on, thanks for sharing this😊

Back