Traditional Tabouli Recipe

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a fresh and flavorful dish that's perfect for summer—Tabouli! 🥗🍋 This Mediterranean salad is bursting with bright herbs, crisp veggies, and zesty lemon flavor. It's easy to make and pairs perfectly with grilled meats or as a light meal on its own. Let's dive into this delicious recipe! 🌿✨

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup bulgur wheat
    1718300165131.png
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 2 large tomatoes, diced
    190×188
    96.2 kB
  • 1 cucumber, diced
  • 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
  • 4 green onions, finely chopped
  • Juice of 2-3 lemons
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
  1. Prepare the Bulgur:
    • Place the bulgur in a large bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Cover and let it sit for about 20-30 minutes, or until the bulgur is tender and has absorbed all the water. Fluff with a fork and let it cool to room temperature.
  2. Chop the Vegetables and Herbs:
    • While the bulgur is soaking, prepare the vegetables and herbs. Dice the tomatoes and cucumber, and finely chop the parsley, mint, and green onions.
  3. Mix Everything Together:
    • In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked bulgur with the diced tomatoes, cucumber, chopped parsley, mint, and green onions.
  4. Dress the Salad:
    • Drizzle the lemon juice and olive oil over the salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Toss and Chill:
    • Gently toss everything together until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
  6. Serve and Enjoy:
    • Give the tabouli a final toss before serving. It's delicious on its own as a salad or as a side dish with grilled meats or falafel.
Enjoy your homemade tabouli! 🥗🍋

This traditional tabouli recipe looks amazing! 🌿 I love how fresh and vibrant it is, packed with so many healthy ingredients. It’s perfect for a light meal or a side dish. I can't wait to try making it myself! 🥗

This traditional tabouli recipe looks amazing! I love how fresh and vibrant it is. It’s such a perfect side dish for any meal. Can’t wait to give it a try and enjoy those classic flavors! 😋👌

Back