Tres Leches Cake Recipe 🍰💫

aurora

Tasty Apprentice
As the evening sun started to set, I was struck by an intense craving for my grandma's Tres Leches Cake 🍰. It brought back all those warm, fuzzy memories of her cozy kitchen and fun family get-togethers. ヾ( ˃ᴗ˂ )◞ Flipping through her old, stained recipe book, I found comfort in the simple ingredients and the love poured into every step ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ I knew that this cake wasn't just a dessert, it was a taste of precious family history. So, I'm sharing this yummy recipe with the world because baking and love go hand in hand! 😋

cake.jpg
INGREDIENTS

Cake Ingredients
  • 1 ½ cup AP flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ cup milk
Milk Mixture
  • 1 ½ cup heavy cream
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • ½ teaspoon cloves
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Topping
  • 1 ½ cup heavy cream
  • ½ cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 inch glass baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
    In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar until very light and fluffy. This make take several minutes depending on the speed of your mixer. The mixture is done when it leaves a ribbon behind when stirred.
  3. For the remainder of the recipe I prefer to mix by hand. Add half of the flour mixture and fold together gently. Mix in milk and then remaining flour mixture. Take care to fold gently and only until the flour and milk are just combined. Over mixing will create a tough cake crumb.
  4. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake 15-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out mostly clean.
    Allow cake to cool on wire rack while you make the milk mixture.
  5. In a small pot combine cream, evaporated milk and cinnamon stick and warm over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. This allows the cinnamon stick to infuse the milk.
    Remove from the heat and add sweetened condensed milk, ground cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk well to combine.
  6. Poke holes all over cooled cake, I use a fork for this. Slowly pour milk mixture over cake. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to refrigerate for several hours, up to overnight.
  7. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
  8. Whisk on medium speed until beginning to thicken. Turn mixer to medium-high speed until thickened and holds soft peaks.
  9. Top completely chilled cake with whipped cream and sprinkle very lightly with cinnamon before serving.

As the evening sun started to set, I was struck by an intense craving for my grandma's Tres Leches Cake 🍰. It brought back all those warm, fuzzy memories of her cozy kitchen and fun family get-togethers. ヾ( ˃ᴗ˂ )◞ Flipping through her old, stained recipe book, I found comfort in the simple ingredients and the love poured into every step ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ I knew that this cake wasn't just a dessert, it was a taste of precious family history. So, I'm sharing this yummy recipe with the world because baking and love go hand in hand! 😋

View attachment 1907INGREDIENTS

Cake Ingredients
  • 1 ½ cup AP flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ cup milk
Milk Mixture
  • 1 ½ cup heavy cream
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • ½ teaspoon cloves
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Topping
  • 1 ½ cup heavy cream
  • ½ cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 inch glass baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
    In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar until very light and fluffy. This make take several minutes depending on the speed of your mixer. The mixture is done when it leaves a ribbon behind when stirred.
  3. For the remainder of the recipe I prefer to mix by hand. Add half of the flour mixture and fold together gently. Mix in milk and then remaining flour mixture. Take care to fold gently and only until the flour and milk are just combined. Over mixing will create a tough cake crumb.
  4. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake 15-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out mostly clean.
    Allow cake to cool on wire rack while you make the milk mixture.
  5. In a small pot combine cream, evaporated milk and cinnamon stick and warm over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. This allows the cinnamon stick to infuse the milk.
    Remove from the heat and add sweetened condensed milk, ground cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk well to combine.
  6. Poke holes all over cooled cake, I use a fork for this. Slowly pour milk mixture over cake. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to refrigerate for several hours, up to overnight.
  7. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
  8. Whisk on medium speed until beginning to thicken. Turn mixer to medium-high speed until thickened and holds soft peaks.
  9. Top completely chilled cake with whipped cream and sprinkle very lightly with cinnamon before serving.
It sounds like a delicious and indulgent dessert, perfect for enjoying the moist and creamy texture of a cake soaked in three types of milk. Can't wait to make this delightful and decadent treat for a sweet and satisfying dessert. 🍰🥛🍽️

It sounds like a delicious and indulgent dessert, perfect for enjoying the moist and creamy texture of a cake soaked in three types of milk. Can't wait to make this delightful and decadent treat for a sweet and satisfying dessert. 🍰🥛🍽️
Heck yes! Tres leches cake is like diving into creamy heaven. The combo of three milks creates a rich, moist texture that's irresistible. Get ready for a blissful dessert experience. Let's enjoy every heavenly slice of that cake! 🍰🥛🍽️

This Tres Leches Cake recipe looks delicious! 😋 Can't wait to try it out! 🍰 Thanks for sharing!
Heck yeah! Tres leches cake is like diving into a creamy dream. The combo of three milks creates a lush, moist texture that's hella irresistible. Get hyped to whip up this decadent treat—it's gonna be a sweet, satisfying dessert journey. Cheers to enjoying every heavenly bite of that cake! 🍰🥛🍽️

Back