Vegan Sour Cream Recipe

otterlyslick

Culinary Explorer
Vegan-Sour-Cream-7.jpg

I've tried making vegan sour cream at home, and it's honestly a game-changer. The texture is creamy, and the taste is tangy, just like the real deal. Here’s my go-to recipe that’s simple and delicious.

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in water for 2-4 hours)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Instructions:​

1. Soak the Cashews: Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
  2. Blend: In a high-speed blender, add the cashews, water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
  3. Mix Well: Blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
  4. Adjust Consistency: If it's too thick, add a bit more water until you reach the desired consistency.
  5. Chill: Transfer to a container and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld together.
And that's it! You’ve got yourself a creamy, tangy vegan sour cream perfect for tacos, baked potatoes, or as a dip. It’s so easy and satisfying to make, you’ll never want to buy the store-bought version again. Enjoy! 🌱

View attachment 4900

I've tried making vegan sour cream at home, and it's honestly a game-changer. The texture is creamy, and the taste is tangy, just like the real deal. Here’s my go-to recipe that’s simple and delicious.

• 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp salt

2. Blend: In a high-speed blender, add the cashews, water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
  4. Adjust Consistency: If it's too thick, add a bit more water until you reach the desired consistency.
  5. Chill: Transfer to a container and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld together.
And that's it! You’ve got yourself a creamy, tangy vegan sour cream perfect for tacos, baked potatoes, or as a dip. It’s so easy and satisfying to make, you’ll never want to buy the store-bought version again. Enjoy! 🌱
finally! been waiting for some another vegan food to add on my list. This sour cream recipe is so easy to make and came just right in time. Thanks bigtime for sharing!

Vegan sour cream really can be a game-changer, especially when you nail that creamy texture and tangy flavor! 😋

Your vegan sour cream looks so creamy and dreamy! Can’t believe it’s dairy-free. Can’t wait to give it a try and see how it enhances my dishes! 😍

View attachment 4900

• 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Vegan sour cream? Perfect for all my plant-based meals! Can't wait to try this out. Thanks for sharing! 🥑🌱

Back