Vegemite Toast with Avocado and Poached Egg

yourfavoritef1girlie

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodie fam! 👋 I've got a little taste of Down Under to share with you today! If you're up for an Aussie adventure in your kitchen, I've got just the thing: Vegemite Toast with Avocado and Poached Eggs. It's a unique twist on your usual avocado toast that's sure to surprise and delight your taste buds. Let's get cooking!🥑🍳
Vegemite Toast with Avocado and Poached Egg.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 slices of your favorite bread (sourdough works great!)
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • Vegemite
  • 2 eggs
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Optional: a sprinkle of chili flakes or fresh herbs for extra flavor

Instructions:

1. Toast your bread to your desired level of crispiness.
  2. While the toast is still warm, spread a thin layer of Vegemite on each slice.
  3. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash it with a fork until smooth.
  4. Spread the mashed avocado evenly over the Vegemite-covered toast.
  5. Poach your eggs to your preferred level of doneness. (Tip: if you're new to poaching eggs, there are plenty of handy tutorials online!)
  6. Carefully place a poached egg on top of each slice of toast.
  7. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with chili flakes or fresh herbs if desired.
  8. Serve immediately and enjoy your Aussie-inspired breakfast or brunch creation!

Vegemite toast with avocado and a perfectly poached egg? 🥑🍳🍞 That's breakfast goals right there! 😋 Love the savory-sweet combo and the boost of protein. Can't wait to try this Aussie-inspired twist on my morning toast routine! Thanks for the delicious idea!

What a genius twist on avocado toast! 🥑🍳 Adding Vegemite gives it an Aussie flair with rich, umami flavor. The creamy avocado and perfectly poached egg make it a flavor explosion! Try this for an exciting breakfast or brunch. Cheers to culinary exploration! 🇦🇺🍽️

Back