Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers

Steak_lover01

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys! I'm so thrilled to share one of my all-time favorite recipes with you: Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers🫑! These babies are like a warm hug on a plate, stuffed with a delicious mix of quinoa, black beans, corn, and a sprinkle of love (aka my secret spice blend). 😉

Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers.jpg

This dish is good for 6 servings!

INGREDIENTS​

• 6 medium bell peppers tops cut off and cores removed
  • 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed and drained
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 15 ounce canned diced tomatoes
  • 1 15 ounce can black beans
  • 1 cup frozen corn thawed
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper

INSTRUCTIONS​

• Place the quinoa and vegetable broth in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower heat to a simmer, cover the saucepan with a lid and cook covered until all the liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes. Allow the quinoa to rest for about 5 minutes, without opening the lid, then fluff with a fork.
  • Preheat oven to 375°F, and prepare the peppers by cutting them in half lengthwise and removing the seeds and membrane. Place the peppers in a baking dish cut side up, and pour water around the peppers — just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
  • Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute until they start to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 more minute. Stir in the cooked quinoa, diced tomatoes, black beans and corn. Season with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook for additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
  • Carefully spoon the mixture into the sliced peppers and sprinkle the cheese on top.
  • Bake uncovered until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted, about 30-35 minutes. Add optional toppings and serve hot.

Serve up these Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers with a side of smiles and enjoy a wholesome meal that's perfect for sharing with friends and family! 🌟

I love recipes that includes some meat stuffing in it! And this one would probably be a combination of gooey, sweet, spicy and savory! I have to try this and do some stuffing! Thanks!

I'm always on the lookout for new vegetarian recipes to try, and these Stuffed Bell Peppers look like they'll hit the spot! 😍 I love how simple yet delicious they seem, and I can't wait to give them a whirl. Thanks for sharing this!

Back