What can I substitute for a bun in a Sloppy joe?

strawberrykiss0325

Culinary Explorer
Hey all! Looking for some creative swaps for buns in my sloppy joes. Trying to keep things light and maybe even sneak in some extra veggies. Lettuce wraps are on my radar, but I’m curious about other options too. How about portobello mushrooms or sweet potato slices? Keen to hear your thoughts and recipes!

Hi! If you're looking for a bun substitute for a Sloppy Joe, you can try using lettuce leaves, slices of toasted bread, tortillas, or even grilled portobello mushrooms. These options offer different textures and flavors while still providing a sturdy base for holding the delicious Sloppy Joe filling.

Get ready to jazz up your Sloppy Joe game! 🍔 If you're looking to switch things up, why not try using lettuce leaves for a fresh and crunchy twist? Or, if you're feeling adventurous, opt for grilled portobello mushrooms for a hearty and savory bun alternative. You could even go for a slice of sweet potato or a toasted English muffin for a unique flavor combination. The options are endless—let your taste buds guide you on this bun-less journey! 🥬🍄🍠

Get ready to jazz up your Sloppy Joe game! 🍔 If you're looking to switch things up, why not try using lettuce leaves for a fresh and crunchy twist? Or, if you're feeling adventurous, opt for grilled portobello mushrooms for a hearty and savory bun alternative. You could even go for a slice of sweet potato or a toasted English muffin for a unique flavor combination. The options are endless—let your taste buds guide you on this bun-less journey! 🥬🍄🍠
Hey there! When I'm out of buns, I like using lettuce leaves as a fresh and crunchy alternative. 🥬

Back