What's in king cake icing?

culinary_connoisseur

Culinary Explorer
🍰 I've always loved the sweet drizzle on top of king cakes, but I've never been quite sure what it's made of. Is it a simple glaze or something more elaborate? Can anyone spill the beans on this delicious topping? Thanks a bunch!

King cake icing typically consists of powdered sugar, milk or water, and vanilla extract, sometimes enhanced with lemon juice or almond extract for flavor. 🍰✨

Hey there! 😊 King cake icing is typically a simple glaze made with powdered sugar, milk, and a bit of vanilla extract. Some recipes might add a splash of lemon juice for a tangy twist. It's super easy to make and adds the perfect finishing touch to the cake. Enjoy! 🎉

🍰 I've always loved the sweet drizzle on top of king cakes, but I've never been quite sure what it's made of. Is it a simple glaze or something more elaborate? Can anyone spill the beans on this delicious topping? Thanks a bunch!
Vanilla essence, milk or water, and powdered sugar are the usual ingredients of king cake frosting. For enhanced flavour, almond extract or lemon juice may occasionally be added.

Back