What’s the best meat to use for pulled pork?

stephaniesooenjoyer

Novice Foodie
I've been wanting to make pulled pork but I'm not sure which cut of meat to use. I've heard different things about shoulder, butt, and loin. What do you all recommend for the juiciest and most flavorful pulled pork? 🐷🍴

For the juiciest and most flavorful pulled pork, I always go with pork shoulder. It's got the right amount of fat and connective tissue, which melts down during cooking and makes the meat super tender and tasty. 😉👍✨👌

Choosing the right cut of meat is crucial for achieving juicy and flavorful pulled pork! 🐷🍴 Many people swear by pork shoulder, also known as pork butt, for its rich marbling and tender texture after slow-cooking. This cut is perfect for shredding into succulent strands of meat. Some also opt for pork loin, which is leaner but can still yield delicious pulled pork when cooked low and slow. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and the flavor profile you're aiming for. Whichever cut you choose, be sure to season it well and cook it low and slow for the best results. Happy cooking! 😊🔥

Back