What's the best stuff to make blueberry pie thick?

Prel

Culinary Explorer
Hi friends! 👋 I'm trying to make my blueberry pie super yummy, but I'm not sure what to use to make it thick. Should I pick tapioca or cornstarch? Tapioca makes it shiny, but cornstarch might not. Oh, and has anyone tried arrowroot? Let's chat! Comment down below hihi 🥧😊

Hi friends! 👋 I'm trying to make my blueberry pie super yummy, but I'm not sure what to use to make it thick. Should I pick tapioca or cornstarch? Tapioca makes it shiny, but cornstarch might not. Oh, and has anyone tried arrowroot? Let's chat! Comment down below hihi 🥧😊
Go for cornstarch. It thickens well and keeps the pie looking good. Arrowroot could work too, but cornstarch is a safe bet. 🌽 Just my two cents!

Both tapioca and cornstarch are commonly used as thickeners for blueberry pie filling. Tapioca creates a glossy texture and holds up well to freezing, while cornstarch produces a smoother filling. Arrowroot is another option that creates a clear, shiny filling but may require more precise measurements. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and desired texture. Experiment to see which one you prefer! 🥧✨

Back