What's your secret for thickening creamed corn?

iwantbulalo🍖

Culinary Explorer
Hello, culinary wizards! 🌟 I'm trying to perfect my creamed corn and could use a tip or two to thicken it up. It always seems to be on the runnier side. What's your secret ingredient or method for getting that rich, creamy consistency? Spill the beans, please! 🌽🔮 Thanks!

Hey there! 🌽🔮 To thicken up your creamed corn, try adding a tablespoon or two of cornstarch mixed with water to create a slurry. Stir it into the simmering creamed corn and let it cook for a few minutes until it thickens to your desired consistency. Another trick is to blend a portion of the corn before adding it back to the pot for a creamier texture. Give these methods a try for that rich, creamy finish! 😊🥄

Hey there! 🌽🔮 To thicken up your creamed corn, try adding a tablespoon or two of cornstarch mixed with water to create a slurry. Stir it into the simmering creamed corn and let it cook for a few minutes until it thickens to your desired consistency. Another trick is to blend a portion of the corn before adding it back to the pot for a creamier texture. Give these methods a try for that rich, creamy finish! 😊🥄
"I think blending a portion of the corn kernels before cooking creates a creamier consistency! 🌽💨 Just pulse them briefly in a blender or food processor.

Ah, creamed corn, a delicious challenge! So, here's my little trick: I add a tablespoon or two of cornstarch to my creamed corn mixture. It's like magic! Just mix it in with a bit of water before adding it to the pot. The cornstarch helps to thicken things up beautifully, giving you that rich, creamy consistency you're after. 😉👍👌✨

Back