Where are carnitas from?

Caramellyy_

Culinary Explorer
Hi y’all! I’ve been diving into carnitas' origins and I’m craving your insights. 🧐I understand this delicious dish hails from Mexico, specifically Michoacán, but history seems richer than that. 🤭Often, I find recipes claiming authenticity, yet variations are endless. Curious about your thoughts or knowledge on its true roots. Anyone got stories or facts to share? ╰(*°▽°*)╯🤩

Carnitas is one of the most emblematic dishes in Mexico, which originated in the state of Michoacan. Some areas in Mexico have their own versions too ◡̈

Yeah, carnitas started in Michoacán, Mexico... but it's spread all over now, kinda like pizza in Italy... everyone's got their own twist on it.🤷‍♂️

Carnitas indeed have deep roots in Michoacán, Mexico, where the traditional slow-cooked pork dish is a culinary treasure. The variations in recipes reflect the diverse influences and regional nuances, making each preparation a unique and delightful experience worth savoring.

Carnitas hail from Mexico, specifically the state of Michoacán 🇲🇽. I think they're typically made from pork shoulder or butt, slow-cooked until tender with spices and citrus juices.

Carnitas do come from Michoacán, Mexico, where they’re traditionally slow-cooked in lard until tender and crispy—a beloved dish with regional variations that highlight its versatility and deep-rooted cultural significance! 🐷🇲🇽🌮

Back