Whipped Cream Krumkake

Kardel

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Today, I’m excited to share my recipe for Whipped Cream Krumkake, a delightful Scandinavian treat that's crispy, sweet, and perfect for any occasion. Let’s make these delicious cookies together!
550×367
92.9 kB

Whipped Cream Krumkake.jpg

Whipped Cream Krumkake Recipe:

Ingredients:

• 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until they are light and fluffy.
  2. Gradually add the sugar to the eggs, beating well after each addition.
  3. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
  4. Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg and sugar mixture.
  5. Gradually fold in the flour, vanilla extract, and ground cardamom (if using) until the batter is smooth and well combined.
  6. Preheat your krumkake iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
  7. Drop a tablespoon of batter onto the center of the preheated krumkake iron, close the lid, and cook until the krumkake is golden brown (about 30-60 seconds).
  8. Carefully remove the krumkake from the iron and immediately roll it around a cone-shaped form (or any cylindrical object) to shape it. Allow it to cool and harden.
  9. Repeat with the remaining batter.
  10. Serve the krumkake plain or filled with whipped cream or fruit.

I've always loved krumkake but never tried making them with whipped cream in the batter. The cardamom addition sounds like a great touch too. Can't wait to give this a try! 😉😋✨

I can't wait to make these Whipped Cream Krumkakes! It sounds fantastic, the crunchy krumkake and creamy cream with a hint of cardamom. I am so excited to use it at my next Scandinavian party! 😊🍰

Back