Why are my scalloped potatoes crunchy?

Bubbles

Culinary Explorer
Hi there!! 😕 Sharing my frustration after cooking a batch of scalloped potatoes last night. I was dismayed cause it came out so crunchy. Now, I'm wondering if this is normal, but I feel like there's something wrong. Actually, it is my first time to try this out. I dunno why it happened. I desperately need insights or tips. 😢😢😢 Your responses are greatly appreciated.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your crunchy scalloped potatoes! 😟 It's common for them to have a crispy top, but if the entire batch turned out overly crunchy, it might be due to slicing the potatoes too thin or baking them at too high a temperature. Trying thicker slices and lowering the oven temperature could help achieve that creamy texture you're looking for. Don't give up—your next batch will be perfect! 🥔👩‍🍳

Hi there!! 😕 Sharing my frustration after cooking a batch of scalloped potatoes last night. I was dismayed cause it came out so crunchy. Now, I'm wondering if this is normal, but I feel like there's something wrong. Actually, it is my first time to try this out. I dunno why it happened. I desperately need insights or tips. 😢😢😢 Your responses are greatly appreciated.
Maybe you didn't cover them while baking? I think a layer of foil or a lid might trap moisture and prevent excessive crunchiness. 🍽️

I think slicing the potatoes too thinly or unevenly can lead to some pieces cooking faster and becoming crunchy. 🥔🔪

Back