Why do lemon bars taste metallic?

maltchaseal

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, pals! I've been indulging in lemon bars recently. But, it feels weird coz they seem to taste a bit metallic instead of the tangy lemon zing. Has anyone had this experience too? I'm curious if it's caused by a chemical reaction or just the pan that I've used :unsure: I'm stumped 🤷‍♂️ Let's figure this out together!

Hey there, pals! I've been indulging in lemon bars recently. But, it feels weird coz they seem to taste a bit metallic instead of the tangy lemon zing. Has anyone had this experience too? I'm curious if it's caused by a chemical reaction or just the pan that I've used :unsure: I'm stumped 🤷‍♂️ Let's figure this out together!
Yeah, buddy, I've been there. Sometimes it's the pan, especially if it's old or made of certain metals. Try using a glass pan next time and see if it changes. If not, might be a reaction with the ingredients. Keep experimenting, you'll get it right! 👍🍋✨

Hey! Yeah, I've had that happen before. It could be a few things, like using a metal bowl or utensils when mixing, or even if the lemon juice reacts with certain types of metal pans. Sometimes it's the baking powder or soda too, especially if it's old. Trying a different recipe or switching up your equipment might help. Good luck figuring it out! 🍋

Back