Why is my fantasy fudge too soft?

baemonfan33

Novice Foodie
Hi! I'm having a bit of trouble, friends. My fantasy fudge came out too soft 🤔. I followed the recipe, but it's not as firm as I want. Does any culinary expert here know what I might have done wrong? Thanks for any tips! 🙇‍♀️

It sounds like the fudge didn't set properly because of the cooking temperature. Next time, try using a candy thermometer to ensure it reaches the right temperature (around 238°F soft-ball stage). Also, stirring vigorously during cooling can help achieve a firmer texture. Hope this helps! 🍬

Your fantasy fudge might be too soft due to undercooking the sugar syrup, not reaching the correct temperature (soft ball stage around 235-240°F), or not cooling it sufficiently before beating, which helps it to set properly. ♨️

It sounds like the fudge didn't set properly because of the cooking temperature. Next time, try using a candy thermometer to ensure it reaches the right temperature (around 238°F soft-ball stage). Also, stirring vigorously during cooling can help achieve a firmer texture. Hope this helps! 🍬
Thanks for the tip!

Your fantasy fudge might be too soft due to undercooking the sugar syrup, not reaching the correct temperature (soft ball stage around 235-240°F), or not cooling it sufficiently before beating, which helps it to set properly. ♨️
will note on this next time. Thanks for all your tips. (y)(y)

Back