Why isn't my Swedish meatball sauce thickening?

Oniokitty

Culinary Explorer
Help! My Swedish meatball sauce isn't thickening as expected. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice on how to fix this? I would appreciate any tips or tricks you might have. Thanks in advance! 🍽️😅

Help! My Swedish meatball sauce isn't thickening as expected. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice on how to fix this? I would appreciate any tips or tricks you might have. Thanks in advance! 🍽️😅
Hey! If your Swedish meatball sauce isn’t thickening, try adding a slurry of cornstarch and water or a bit of flour mixed with butter to thicken it up—hope that helps! 🍲👍

Try adding a bit of cornstarch or flour to thicken the sauce! 🍲 You can also simmer it a bit longer to reduce and thicken naturally. 😊👍

Your Swedish meatball sauce might not be thickening because it needs more time to simmer and reduce, or it could be lacking a thickening agent like cornstarch or flour. Try simmering longer or adding a slurry for thicker sauce.

Back