Wild Rice Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone,

I recently tried out this Wild Rice recipe, and it turned out so delicious that I had to share it with you all! It's hearty, nutritious, and perfect for a cozy meal. Here’s how you can make it:

Wild Rice Recipe

Ingredients:

• 1 cup wild rice
  • 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1 carrot, diced
  • 1 celery stalk, diced
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley for garnish
    Wild Rice Recipe.jpg
Instructions:

1. Cook the Wild Rice: Rinse the wild rice under cold water. In a medium saucepan, combine the wild rice and vegetable broth (or water). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 45-50 minutes, or until the rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
  2. Sauté the Vegetables: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the mushrooms, carrot, and celery, and continue to sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Combine Everything: Add the cooked wild rice to the skillet with the vegetables. Stir in the dried cranberries, pecans (if using), thyme, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until everything is well combined and heated through.
  4. Serve and Enjoy: Transfer the wild rice mixture to a serving dish, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve warm. This makes a great side dish or even a main course if you're looking for a light but satisfying meal.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! Feel free to tweak the ingredients to suit your taste. Let me know if you try it out or have any suggestions to make it even better!

Happy cooking!

Just read about this wild rice recipe, and it sounds amazing! The blend of flavors and textures is so intriguing. Can't wait to try it out and see how it turns out. 🌾🍚😋

Hey everyone,

I recently tried out this Wild Rice recipe, and it turned out so delicious that I had to share it with you all! It's hearty, nutritious, and perfect for a cozy meal. Here’s how you can make it:

Wild Rice Recipe

Ingredients:

• 1 cup wild rice
  • 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1 carrot, diced
  • 1 celery stalk, diced
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley for garnishView attachment 4811
Instructions:

1. Cook the Wild Rice: Rinse the wild rice under cold water. In a medium saucepan, combine the wild rice and vegetable broth (or water). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 45-50 minutes, or until the rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
  2. Sauté the Vegetables: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the mushrooms, carrot, and celery, and continue to sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Combine Everything: Add the cooked wild rice to the skillet with the vegetables. Stir in the dried cranberries, pecans (if using), thyme, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until everything is well combined and heated through.
  4. Serve and Enjoy: Transfer the wild rice mixture to a serving dish, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve warm. This makes a great side dish or even a main course if you're looking for a light but satisfying meal.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! Feel free to tweak the ingredients to suit your taste. Let me know if you try it out or have any suggestions to make it even better!

Happy cooking!
This wild rice recipe looks amazing! I’ve been looking for something new to serve with dinner, and this might just be the perfect fit. Thanks for posting! 🌾🍽️

Back