Yummy Gulab Jamun

eihra520

Culinary Explorer
Alright, dessert fanatics, listen up! 📣 If you've never tried gulab jamun before, you're in for a real treat. These soft, spongy milk balls soaked in a fragrant syrup are an absolute staple in Indian cuisine, and they're about to become your new favorite indulgence ;)(y)
NGulab_Jamun.jpg

Ingredients:

For the syrup:

• 1 cup water
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 tsp rose water
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • A pinch of saffron (optional)
For the milk balls:
  • 1 cup milk powder
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup warm milk
  • 1/4 cup ghee or oil for frying
  • Sliced pistachios for garnish (optional)

Instructions:
  1. Let's start with the syrup! In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, rose water, lemon juice, and saffron (if using). Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes, or until it thickens slightly. Set the syrup aside to cool.
  2. Now for the milk balls! In a large bowl, mix together the milk powder, flour, and baking soda. Gradually stir in the warm milk and knead the mixture until it forms a smooth, pliable dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 mGulab Jamuninutes.
  3. After the dough has rested, roll it into small balls, about the size of a ping-pong ball.
  4. In a kadhai or deep frying pan, heat the ghee or oil over medium heat.
  5. Gently slide the dough balls into the hot oil and fry them until they're golden brown on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan – fry the balls in batches if needed.
  6. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried milk balls to the cooled syrup and let them soak for at least 2 hours (or overnight, if you can wait that long).
  7. When you're ready to serve, use a slotted spoon to scoop the gulab jamun into serving bowls or plates. Drizzle some of the syrup over the top and garnish with sliced pistachios, if desired.
Serve them up as a dessert, a snack, or heck, even for breakfast 😁 Trust me, once you try these little milk balls of bliss, you'll be dreaming about them for weeks to come 😋💯

I absolutely adore gulab jamun! 😍 If you haven't tried them yet, you're in for a real treat. They're like little bites of heaven soaked in delicious syrup. Your recipe looks fantastic and super easy to follow. I can't wait to make a batch this weekend. Thanks for sharing! 🥳🍴✨

Wow! 😍👌 Your Gulab Jamun looks absolutely delicious! Reminds me of home and all the sweet memories. Can't wait to try making these myself. Thanks a bunch for sharing the recipe!

Back